7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2016 7:28 AM by Intel Corporation

core i7-7500u got hiccup during installing driver+program

Rukturna

My laptop is HP 15-ay115tx with Intel core i7-7500u running on Windows 10 pro. That hiccup happened when I started installing drivers which is according to Drivers for this product in HP support site. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/12499456/model/13402663

Detail of hiccup, it was 2-3 seconds with everything freezing, even touch-pad. Then disappeared and came back in next 2 mins until the installation was completed. Then it happened when I installed some programs, Line, web browser, etc.

Should it be like that? Was that normal?

Should I go back to retail shop? because I just bought it 2 days ago, 7 days-free-changing for defect product, it might help me.

• 1. Re: core i7-7500u got hiccup during installing driver+program
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you for letting me know about this problem. 
          Just by installing the computer drivers will not make the computer freeze unless there is something wrong with the operating system installation or hardware of your computer. 
          If there is any chance to reset this computer and start from scratch will be a good idea. 
          Additionally, if you are still under warranty with your place of purchase, you can return it. 

Allan. 

• 2. Re: core i7-7500u got hiccup during installing driver+program
            Rukturna

About Starting from scratch, did you mean delete all of partition, then start installing it over?

• 3. Re: core i7-7500u got hiccup during installing driver+program
              Intel Corporation

That is correct, it will be reinstalling the operating system or set the computer to factory settings. 

Allan. 

• 4. Re: core i7-7500u got hiccup during installing driver+program
                Rukturna

I tried them all 6 times. I got the same hiccups even when I reinstalled Windows 10 pro 64bit in the 4th to 6th time. Before I came to here making a this discussion, I tried Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit and I got hiccup.

Unfortunately, I returned to retail shop and they did not let me have a new one on the same product series. They claimed they find it work properly and that hiccups can happen in practice even I brought them some video clip I recorded during I made a test to prove what I argued.

No where to go unless I have to buy a spare one of hardware which I assumed it defected.

Two days ago, I talked one of HP technical support unit in my country. They assumed from what I told that there was something with Harddisk. I have no idea if one product line will have the same all of hardware inside, like same brand of harddisk, RAM even wireless LAN chip.

From that time, I started curious and found that my laptop's harddisk was not matched with what driver HP brought on their website for compatible hardware. Actually it has be a matched driver for the correct hardware in that model. If that product line has its detail as it got another brand, there will be another driver for it.

But in my case, I got WD and the website just brought HGST even HITACHI was subsidiary of WD.

It's weird, isn't it?

• 5. Re: core i7-7500u got hiccup during installing driver+program
                  Intel Corporation

Were you able to change hard drive? Did you send the drive to HP?

Allan.

• 6. Re: core i7-7500u got hiccup during installing driver+program
                    Rukturna

I didn't. HP support unit wanted the retail shop to be a first responsible one. I could not disassemble laptop either due to warranty protection. Yesterday evening, shop called us to their IT care, then returned us money. Lucky me

Because they sell only hardware, so every return money case has to have a problem from hardware, physical tangible one, detectable with eyes. By the way, thank you for your support.

You might take my case as a rare real example which is not everyone would experience. But with no offence, I'm not sure about western digital product. I do believe in how fast and efficiency that Kaby Lake can create. HP don't know and can't what standard they create to choose which part and brand as their OEM hardware. Even product serial number cannot bring some information.

I believe it has to be HGST, not WD blue.

• 7. Re: core i7-7500u got hiccup during installing driver+program
                      Intel Corporation

Thank you for your feedback. Do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance with Intel products. 

Allan.