Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Wierd cpu i5-2400 @ 3.1GHz temp in bios

DDari2
Beginner

CPU temp rising to 93°C/199.5°F while in boot and cooling down while under full usage 100+tabs in chrome, video, web dev tools, game(in background sometimes 2) droping down but if i restart pc and enter bios i check temp and its rising from 80°C back to 93°C in speed 0.5°C/sec the CPU coller(only double passive) is not at slighest hot to touch max 30-40°C(after non-stop usage, i dont turn off pc and all is active in background 24/7)

is there problem with MB(part that is mesuring temp) or bios thats displaying it couse that is contradictory to laws of physics(more power is reducing temp not increasing it)?

Could you tell me if u had any similar reports or experiences so i dont fry my cpu?

Thanks.

If any more info needed let me know and il tell you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello PandorasBox,

If you are getting a reading of 3.1 GHz this is fine since your processor base frequency is 3.10 GHz. If you are running a lot of tasks, specially is they are CPU extensive the high usage will be expected.

Once you restarted the computer and you are not running a lot of tasks, do you see the same temps in the operating system that those from the BIOS?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
DDari2
Beginner

Yes exactly my point, the win app shows 79 and bios 93 few sec later. And thats in middle of 100%+ cpu usage for hours.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

What is the name of the "win app" you are using?

Let me know your motherboard board model.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
DDari2
Beginner

Openhardware monitor is the app, and mb is ASRock P67 PRO3.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Have you tried with different monitor tool? It might be misreading of the tool or the BIOS, you might try updating you BIOS version to the latest, or try older version to check if the behavior persist.

The temps you are reporting as considered fine as long as your system does not crash or freeze it should be fine.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos