5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2016 12:40 PM by Intel Corporation

Upgrading to Yocto 3 and mraa 1.4 issues

jayls

hello,

I have just been setting up a new Edison. I appear to have successfully installed the firmware image 2016061707

I have also, as far as i know successfully, upgraded mraa on the edison to 1.4.0

Prior to this I have been developing in KDev and compiling using a makefile, which contains this kind of info:

CPP =  i586-poky-linux-gcc -E  -m32 -march=core2 -mtune=core2 -msse3 -mfpmath=sse -mstackrealign -fno-omit-frame-pointer --sysroot=/opt/poky-edison/1.7.2/sysroots/core2-32-poky-linux

CXX = i586-poky-linux-g++ -m32 -march=core2 -mtune=core2 -msse3 -mfpmath=sse -mstackrealign -fno-omit-frame-pointer --sysroot=/opt/poky-edison/1.7.2/sysroots/core2-32-poky-linux

CC ="i586-poky-linux-gcc  -m32 -march=core2 -mtune=core2 -msse3 -mfpmath=sse -mstackrealign -fno-omit-frame-pointer --sysroot=$SDKTARGETSYSROOT"

#INC = -I/opt/poky-edison/1.7.2/sysroots/core2-32-poky-linux/usr/include

LIB = -lmraa

This info was obviously derived from info in the file

/opt/poky-edison/1.7.2/site-config-core2-32-poky-linux

as per your native application guide.

All this stuff now seems to be totally out of date, so my question is how do I get my environment back working as it was?

I should emphasise that I don't want to use eclipse.

Having said that I have downloaded and installed your latest eclipse based development environment on the basis that I couldn't see any other way to upgrade all of the files on my host machine.

So what I am really after, I suspect, is a shell file which allows me to set all the relevant vars that I need, and then the compiler commands with all their relevant options. 

Thanks

James