I’ve never seen this issue before, however, we’ll do our best to help you troubleshoot this so you’re able to work with your Edison. Please answer the following questions:
- Has the board always behaved like this or this started to happen after a specific event?
- You mention you’ve tried re-flashing. Which method have you tried? What image have you flashed? Is the flashing successful? Please attach pictures of the flashing process with the logs received.
- How are you connecting and powering your Edison to your computer? Do you see this output if you connect directly to the serial terminal using a terminal emulator like Putty? This is to dismiss issues with the IDE.
1. This has only started to happen recently, I am not too sure if it was a specific event, but I have also only started to used the bluetooth on the board.
2. For flashing I used the Phone Flash Tool lite, it returns successful.
3. I connect the power and serial to my computer, and work on Intel XDK .
This problem does not always occur, and sometimes it comes and goes.
Thank you for your reply. Since this issue just started to happen it’s possible the board’s image got corrupted somehow. I’d recommend you to do a reflash of the board using the flashall script. You can see instructions here https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/flash-tool-lite-user-manual . Please attach a picture of the “flashing successful” message.
If you’re powering the board through the barrel jack J1 make sure to use a power source that provides from 7V to 17V DC. You can also try to use different USB cables.
We’ll be waiting for your response.
Thank you for letting us know the Flash Tool Lite was successful. I’ve a couple of comments. First, I noticed you’re not flashing the latest image. The image you’re flashing is rather old. It’s recommended you use the newest image, which can be found here https://software.intel.com/iot/hardware/edison/downloads as “Latest Yocto Poky Image”. Also, the recommended method for flashing is the Flashall script. The link with instruction can be found here https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-25154 .
Once you’ve flashed the latest image using the flashall script, log into the console using Putty. Make sure to power the board appropriately.
Let us know if this solves the issue.
So far there seem to be no problem, but the strange characters had only appeared occasionally.
I will let you know if it still occurs.