3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2016 9:26 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel INF driver error unknown

lollo78

Hi,

If I try to install the latest INF driver on my PC setup exit with an "unknown error":

My specs:

- Intel Core i7 860

- Gigabyte p55a-ud5

- Windows 10 64 bit

Any help could be appreciated. Thanks a lot

Here the log: [0E68:0E64][2016-10-29T22:37:30]i001: Burn v3.7.1224.0, Windows v6.2 (Build 9200 - Pastebin.com

• 1. Re: Intel INF driver error unknown
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello lollo78 ,

Try using the Intel® Driver Update Utility so you can install the proper driver in your system or run Windows update to see if there any available.

You can try the Intel® Driver Update Utility to install any driver but please, bear in mind that there is not drivers available for Windows 10 using the system you have.
          You can check more information about the chipset you have here:
          http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3237#dl
          NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Ivan.

• 2. Re: Intel INF driver error unknown
            lollo78

Hi Ivan, thank you for the quick reply.

I tried also with Intel® Driver Update Utility.

After the system scan the official tool tell me that the Windows 10 driver installed on my system (10.0.14393.0) could be updated to 10.1.1.14.

I download it (SetupChipset.exe), but when the tool try to install it, quit with the "unknown issue". The log is always the same (linked above).

If my system are unsopported, why Intel® Driver Update Utility found this update for Windows 10 64bit?

• 3. Re: Intel INF driver error unknown
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Probably the tool detects that driver because you are using Windows 10 but your hardware will not work with this chipset driver.

If you take a look to your motherboard manufacturer website when you choose a driver and Choose your OS there is no option for Windows 10, you can use Windows 10 with your system but a lot of drivers will not be available, so depends what you need your system for you can encounter some issues.

Please see at the following picture the operating system supported for your PC:

Gigabyte.PNG

Ivan.