5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 11:09 PM by Intel Corporation

I219-V Driver Issue (?)

Tronese

Recently, I have had some issues with my PC that was built April 2016 and had to make some Bios changes. Before doing that, I found that my motherboard had a dual bios. The one that was not working and had to be repaired (side A) is now working but my network adapter I219-V is not. It says it needs drivers. So, I installed them from my board's manufacturer's site and that did not work. I tried the drivers from the Intel site and that did not work. I have Windows 10 Home - 64 bit. On side B of my bios, the internet works fine with this same adapter. I have been at it more than 24 hours trying to find a solution and I have come up with nothing.

In the device manager, the adapter (once the driver's were installed) has the yellow triangle and error code 10.

• 1. Re: I219-V Driver Issue (?)
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Tronese,

Thank you for the post. What is the board model you have? 
                    Just to double check if BIOS A and BIOS B using the same version? What is the the version of BIOS A and B?

Did you try un-installing the driver prior re-installing, please try if this will work for you.

A this issue happened after the BIOS repair on the system, have you tried contacting the board vendor as I219-V is integrated on the board. The driver posted on our website is generic version, it is still recommended to contact the board vendor for customized driver.

rgds,
          wb

• 2. Re: I219-V Driver Issue (?)
            Intel Corporation

Hi Tronese,

Please feel free to provide the information on my previous post. Thank you.

rgds,
            wb

• 3. Re: I219-V Driver Issue (?)
              Tronese

Hi...

The bios versions were not the same at first - side A is 1.7 and side B is 1.5. I flashed side A to version 1.5 to see if it'd work, but no change.

Then I started with uninstalling the drivers.

It seems like the driver did not completely uninstall. At least once, I tried uninstalling through safe mode and deleted all of the folders. Each time I rebooted it said the drivers were there. I contacted the manufacturer of my motherboard (MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION) and they did not seem to know what it was and offered to do RMA.

• 4. Re: I219-V Driver Issue (?)
                Intel Corporation

Hi Tronese, 

Can you try flash the BIOS to the identical version as Side A's version 1.7 instead?

Thanks,
                wb

• 5. Re: I219-V Driver Issue (?)
                  Intel Corporation

Hi Tronese,

Please feel free to update me.

Thanks,
                  wb