Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

I219-V Driver Issue (?)

idata
Employee

Recently, I have had some issues with my PC that was built April 2016 and had to make some Bios changes. Before doing that, I found that my motherboard had a dual bios. The one that was not working and had to be repaired (side A) is now working but my network adapter I219-V is not. It says it needs drivers. So, I installed them from my board's manufacturer's site and that did not work. I tried the drivers from the Intel site and that did not work. I have Windows 10 Home - 64 bit. On side B of my bios, the internet works fine with this same adapter. I have been at it more than 24 hours trying to find a solution and I have come up with nothing.

In the device manager, the adapter (once the driver's were installed) has the yellow triangle and error code 10.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Tronese, 

Thank you for the post. What is the board model you have?

Just to double check if BIOS A and BIOS B using the same version? What is the the version of BIOS A and B?

Did you try un-installing the driver prior re-installing, please try if this will work for you.

A this issue happened after the BIOS repair on the system, have you tried contacting the board vendor as I219-V is integrated on the board. The driver posted on our website is generic version, it is still recommended to contact the board vendor for customized driver.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Tronese,

Please feel free to provide the information on my previous post. Thank you.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi...

The bios versions were not the same at first - side A is 1.7 and side B is 1.5. I flashed side A to version 1.5 to see if it'd work, but no change.

Then I started with uninstalling the drivers.

It seems like the driver did not completely uninstall. At least once, I tried uninstalling through safe mode and deleted all of the folders. Each time I rebooted it said the drivers were there. I contacted the manufacturer of my motherboard (MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION) and they did not seem to know what it was and offered to do RMA.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Tronese,

Can you try flash the BIOS to the identical version as Side A's version 1.7 instead?

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Tronese,

Please feel free to update me.

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos