1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 28, 2016 2:55 PM by Intel Corporation

Issues with Docker when setting up ISS-IoT in Linux

ScottMac

Hello,

I am attempting to get my development environment configured to the point where I can compile and run the provided examples (Hello_World.cpp, specifically). I am following along with the setup instructions at IoT - Setting up the Intel® System Studio IoT Edition (Linux*) | Intel® Software  to configure the development environment in Linux.

Once I get to the end of the Create a new Project step, I am met with a popup that says "Could not create the Docker container for the selected project". I followed the installation steps at the top of the instructions exactly, and can confirm that executing `docker ps` returns the expected output (based on the instructions).

Some details about my environment:

Ubuntu Linux 14.04 running in a virtual machine

$ docker -v

Docker version 1.6.2, build 7c8fca2

$ java -version

java version "1.8.0_101"

Java(TM_ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_101-b13)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)

Some terse Googling didn't come up with any other instances of this Docker error. Is there some other dependency that I may be lacking due to Ubuntu version or anything? I've seen explicit mention of using 16.04 in another thread here regarding cross-compilation (cross-compilation targeting joule), which is a longer-term goal of mine as well.

Many thanks in advance,

EDIT: One possibility is that docker, because it requires virtualization itself, can not be used within a virtual machine? I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with docker to flush this thought out much more, but I'll continue to look into it and update this thread if I find anything interesting.