Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14526 Discussions

SIO Temperature stays 50c-55c idle is it normal ?

HChav
Beginner

Specs:

Processor : i5-4440 3.10 Ghz, Stock Cooler

Ram : (Corsair Vengeance 1600) running at 1333 mhz. 2 = 8gb Inserted in BLUE sockets.

Mobo : DB85FL

Bios : Latest flashed

Problem :

Dear sir,

1. I have checked in bios and os that Temps of SIO starts from 49c - 55c on IDLE

2. CPU Core temp on Bios goes UPTO 55c, In OS it stays to 41c IDLE, Load 65c, Stock Cooler is properly fixed no problem with that.

3. PC Restarts when set to XMP. In os it works for a while and suddenly it freezes and restarts. Checked in WIN 8, 8.1 and 10.

Please not that :

Cooling assistant is set to COOL (9) because i play games.

Already replaced mobo once in warranty but problems remains same.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

I do not encounter an issue with your processor temperature, the maximum processor temperature is 72.72°C, this would be under load.

It will also depend on the room temperature and the system configuration.

Please bear in mind there is always one core that is always running hotter than others. That will be completely expected.

Below you will find information to start troubleshooting your computer for heat issues:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005776.html Troubleshooting Overheating Issues

Allan.
0 Kudos
HChav
Beginner

What about SIO Temps 50-55c is normal ?????

and also XMP restart problem ???

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Acronym for the Super I/O integrated circuit and this will be a motherboard temperature, it seems to be alright.

In regard to XMP issue, please make sure the memory compatibility by using DDR3-1333/1600, DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.5V

Allan.
0 Kudos
HChav
Beginner

I double checked volts are normal stays at 1.5 v weather it's Automatic or XMP profile selected.

I also checked whenever it restarts i found Kernel-Power 41 (63) is generated in critical column.

I don't know what else to do..

Motherboard is also new and BIOS is also updated..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Since the Memory Controller Hub is integrated on the processor, the only way to check if this is good/bad would be placing another processor on the same board.

If your processor still under warranty you can request RMA at http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Intel Customer Support

Allan.
idata
Employee

I was wondering if you were you able to contact Intel support for warranty service.

Allan.
0 Kudos
HChav
Beginner

Well, yes I had given the processor for replacement to the retailer. From where I have purchased.

They told me to get the cpu along with other parts if necessary for some testing.

I'll report you if I don't get replacement and if i get I'll send the report of pc.

Thanks Allan.

0 Kudos
HChav
Beginner

Replacement center asking me for reference id. Please can you tell me where I can find reference id.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am sorry but I am not familiar with any reference ID. This might be a case number.

At this stage, you need to open a new case number with customer support to obtain warranty on the Intel product.

Allan.

0 Kudos