Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

Unable to use other display via HDMI.

FF__M
Beginner

I used to be able to use my LG tv (HDMI), but after rebooting, I can no longer pull up the display and can only use the built-in display. No other options are available in the Graphics and Media Control Panel. I am running Intel®HDGraphics Graphics, Driver Version 8.15.10.2622 on an Acer Aspire 5740-5513, Intel Core i3 M330@2.13Ghz, Windows 7 service pack 1. The drop down menus will not let me select any other display other than the built-in one. It even still has my previous setting, "LG" but the settings are changed to "Built-In Display" only. How do I pull up the TV again?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

It might be that your computer requires a graphics drivers update.

Please try the following driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22521/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-Driver-Windows-7-64-Windows-Vista-64-exe-?product=81503 Windows®7 64 bit version 2993

Allan.
0 Kudos
FF__M
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well, at this stage, start by changing video cables. Try to do a system restore and see if you can go back to a previous date where HDMI was working properly.

Try uninstalling any Intel® graphics driver and get customized drivers from your motherboard or computer manufacturer

Allan.
0 Kudos
FF__M
Beginner

The system restore was the first thing I did. Did not work.

I used another laptop with the same cable. The cable is fine, it looks like something else is the problem.

The video driver that came with the laptop is the driver that's OEM.

Not sure why it was working one day, and not working the other. All of this happened after I upgraded the RAM from 4gb to 8gb. I reverted back to the original 4gb and did not have success either.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

As mentioned, this could be a registry problem. Something was changed in your computer or windows configuration that does not allow to detect second monitor settings.

Last resort, try reinstalling the operating system and load all computer drivers again.

Allan.

0 Kudos