Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

Intel Graphics HD Remove USB audio when connected to 4K tv through HDMI.

MMart40
Beginner

Hello,

My setup is an Intel Atom X5-Z8300 with Intel HD Graphics display as adapter on windows 10 64 bits. The machine is connected to a Wadia DAC through USB audio. I use the HDMI port to output video to the TV. Everything was working as expected before I decided to bought a 4K Vizio TV to replace my old Toshiba. Now, with the HDMI connected to the Vizio set, my usb audio driver playback device is blinking randomly as it seems to get disconnected. As soon as I'm removing the HDMI cable, the USB audio driver is stable and work as expected. I tried the same setup with my laptop that has an Intel 4440 HD graphics card and I'm having almost the same behavior. In fact, as soon as I'm touching the HDMI port of my laptop(it's not even fully plugged in), the usb audio driver playback device diseappear.

So I decided to retry my setup with my old TV connected with HDMI as well. Everything was working as expected. Of course the display resolution change to respect the native resolution of the tv.

Any idea of the problem. I'm planning to buy a recent NUC system but I'm afraid that I will face the same problem!

Regards,

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Wasper,

In order to assist you, I would like to recommend you, to try to install the following driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26228/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345 Intel® HD Graphics 530

And please let me know if this was able to help you with any of your concerns.

Also, I would like you to please confirm to me which of the following issues you are facing in order to understand better your concerns:

Do you have video issues when you use HDMI connectivity?

Audio issues when you connect your equipment through USD?

Which will be the model of your current equipment?

Are you facing issues with 4K resolution?

I am looking forward to heard from you.

Regards,

Angie.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Wasper,

I would like to know if the information that I have provided to you was able to solve your issue?

Also, I would like you to please confirm to me which of the following issues you are facing in order to understand better your concerns:

Do you have video issues when you use HDMI connectivity?

Audio issues when you connect your equipment through USD?

Which will be the model of your current equipment?

Are you facing issues with 4K resolution?

In case if you need further assistance do not hesitate to reply back.

I am looking forward to heard from you.

Regards,

Angie.

0 Kudos
MMart40
Beginner

Hello Angie,

No it didn't solve my problem. I thinhk the problem is that my machine is not strong enough to support 4k output and usb audio device in same time. I've also experienced strange problem with my usb external drive as well when HDMI cable plugged in. I disabled also the power management feature of my machine, no luck. The machine is a wintel Pro, so, it's not a big machine and I suspect the hardware to have good issue. Anyway, I received an Intel Nuc I5 5th generation yesterday. I'm waiting for the SSD. I'll try my setup with this machine and tell you if I'm experiencing problems again... Should do the job easely.

Regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Wasper,

Thank you for your reply.

Please try to connect the same screen to your new NUC and let me know if the issue persists? Also, I would like to know which it is the model of the screen that you are using?

And if you are connecting your NUC with a straight cable or an adapter?

Hope I can hear from you soon.

Regards,

Angie.
0 Kudos
MMart40
Beginner

Hello Angie,

Well, I'm still having the same problem as before with my NUC. I bought a NUC515RYH that should have an Intel6000 GPU.

I'm using usb audio to a Wadia DAC using the driver provided by Wadia:

http://www.wadia.com/ContentsFiles/WADIA%20di122%20PC%20DRIVER%20SETUP(0).zip http://www.wadia.com/ContentsFiles/WADIA%20di122%20PC%20DRIVER%20SETUP(0).zip

Audio play just fine with no HDMI connected to the Nuc.

As soon as I'm plugging the cable into my Vizio M60-c3, the audio will crash in the next few minutes or seconds.

I tried the Jriver player and the foobar player... both are crashing...

Then, my wife said that the tv is too big for the living room. So we changed for a new brand and I thought it might fix the problem. Too bad, I got the same problem with my LG.

I didn't have any problem with my previous old Toshiba TV(wasn't totally true HD) using HDMI display when playing audio to my DAC.

So, to be short:

it's not the player, it crashes on more than one;

it's not the tv, I've tried two of it;

it's not the cable, I tried four of them and some pretty good one!

It's not the PC, I tried 2!

My drivers are up to date using the driver Intel utility setup!

On both PC it wwas Intel architecture. First one had a 4400GPU and I had the same problem.

Forgot to tell that I'm on windows 10 pro up to date.

Is it an Intel issue or a Wadia driver issue?

It really bugs me and I spent quite few dollars to reach my goal without any success using intel product...

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Wasper,

I will do a deep research in regard to your concern and as soon as I have further details I will reply to you with the next steps to follow.

Regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
MMart40
Beginner

Hello Angie,

Just to let you know that I installed windows 8 on dual boot on my NUC. Same problem. The problem even occurs when the tv is off and the hdmi devicce is theoretically unavailable.

Regards,

0 Kudos
MMart40
Beginner

Hello Angie,

Problem solved. Not Intel fault. To make a story short. Usb audio was working fine for more than 10 minuts while HDMI connected and I thought the problem might be resolved. Anyway, I went to sleep expecting it will run all night long. Then, I forgot something, and I opened the light! Usb audio stopped working right away. Restarted the Nuc, closed the light, restarted music. I opened the light and USB audio stopped working again. From then, I knew it was related to power surge. Tried an extension to reach another AC device and the problem was still there but less present. It would confirm the electricity problem. Then, I decided to unplug the HDMI comming from my cable box to the other port of the TV. Everything went fine from this moment. Then I plugged my coax cable to my monster power bar for AC regulation and outputed back the coax to my cable box. With my recent research I knew that HDMI and coax cable transport electricity and it's very sensible. Anyway, after doing that, I plugged back the HDMI cable from the cable box to my TV and I didn't have any fail since then.

So, I must have dirty AC in my house and some AC spark running from the coax cable that were reaching the NUC through the path of coax cable, cable box, TV HDMI 1, TV HDMI 2, IntelNuc, GPU, USB, DAC!

Lucky that no device got burned...

Unbelivable! I spent 100 hours to figure this out! But I did! I'm explaining my case in case it could help someone!

Sorry for the bad english.

Since, I started a discussion, I'm stll having a question for you. An easy one. My TV is 16:9, The resolution in Windows is setted to 3840*2160 (recommanded). It's also 16:9. Why if I'm using keep aspect ratio option, I'm having a slight black bar on the left and right side on the TV. Should this resolution fill entirely the tv screen?

Regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Wasper,

I am glad to hear that your first concern was solved.

In regard to the resolution or black bars that you see; you can try the resolution settings of your screen, and see if there is a change.

Also, you can use a keyboard shortcut for display panel fit (ctrl+alt+f11) to toggle between three modes :

-Panel fit'

-None, maintain aspect ratio

-Or full.

The shortcut changes the default 'state' of your panel fit. You can change this shortcut in your Intel Graphics properties under Options and Support > Hot key manager.

Try with those steps, and let me know the results.

Regards,

Angie.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Wasper,

I would like to know if the information provided to you was able to solve your concern?

In case if you need further assistance do not hesitate to reply back.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Angie.
0 Kudos