I understand your system is showing Wireless issues and you have to uninstall the adapter to reset it. Here are a few recommendations that can help in this case.
- Follow these steps to perform a clean driver installation:
1. As first option try using the latest version available from your Computer Manufacturer Support.
If the issue is not solved with the OEM driver, you can repeat the process using the generic driver version from Intel® Download Center:
Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 [19.20.0]
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Wireless-N 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older wireless driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Remove temporary files: Press the Windows Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe. Press OK. Select the main drive, usually C:\. Check Temporary Files and uncheck everything else. Press OK.
6. Install the Intel Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all driver components.
- Contact the Computer Manufacturer Support and make sure you are using the most recent BIOS for your PC.
- Make sure your Wireless router/Access Point is using the latest Firmware from the manufacturer.
If there are any further issues, we will need more details about the problem:
- Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool and use it to create and save a report with all sections, then add your reply to this thread and use the Advanced editor options to attach the resulting file to your post.
- What is the exact problem you noticed? (connectivity, device problems, errors, warnings, etc.)
- How ofter does this happen?
- Did this configuration work fine before?
- Have there been any changes in the system recently or around the time this issue started?
We are glad that you had an improvement after applying the recommendations. If there are further issues, please make sure you apply all the actions we mentioned before: clean driver installation, BIOS update, AP's firmware update.
If you require further assistance, you can provide the informaiton we requested in our previous message and we will be glad to assist.
We would like to know if you were able to apply the recommendations, if the issue persists, please provide the information requested and we will be glad to assist.
If you prefer, you can Contact Support, by selecting your product and region, you will be able to see the options available for you to contact one of our support agents directly.