2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 3:51 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

Can the DP67BA motherboard overclock?

juliocantini

I found a DP67BA for sale at a fair price, but i´m finding mixed responses regarding her capabilities. Some people say this mobo can only downclock. Some say it can overclock, but it´s limited. Some say it can overclock, but only in the earlier bios versions.
      Does anyone actually overclocked this mobo and can answer if it can truly overclock?

• 1. Re: Can the DP67BA motherboard overclock?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello juliocantini:

In regard to your question, the option for overclocking will be available for this board as long as you use an unlocked processor, those are the ones where the model ends with a K, like for example: i5-3570K

Additionally, I just wanted to let you know that this board is retired and discontinued, it is not supported anymore and also remember that the process of how to do the overclocking is not supported, actually if the processor gets damage because of that, it will not be cover under warranty, for that we recommend to get a tuning protection plan:

https://click.intel.com/tuningplan/

Altering PC clock or memory frequency and/or voltage may:
          Reduce system stability and use life of the system, memory and processor cause the processor and other system components to fail
          Cause reductions in system performance
          Cause additional heat or other damage; and
          Affect system data integrity. Intel assumes no responsibility that the memory, included if used with altered clock frequencies and/or voltages, will be fit for any particular purpose.

Hopefully some of the peers viewing this thread that did overclocking, will be able to provide further details about this matter.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

• 2. Re: Can the DP67BA motherboard overclock?
            N.Scott.Pearson

This board, with its latest available BIOS installed, provides support for both 2nd and 3rd generation Intel Core processors. The 3rd generation processors support only a subset of the overclocking capabilities and parameters that are supported by the 2nd generation processors. The BIOS supports only this subset of the capabilities and parameters. What this means is that, while these boards are on par with others that support the overclocking of 3rd generation processors, they do not support some of the additional capabilities and parameters supported by 2nd generation processors. For the average person, the common capabilities and parameters are sufficient. Serious overclockers, who have stuck with their 2nd generation processors for these additional capabilities, often complain about these restrictions this board's BIOS imposes.

Bottom line, the folks saying "can overclock but limited" are correct.

Hope this helps,

...S