4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2016 9:11 PM by Jeyong

SDK for developers

Soubhi

Hi,

I think Intel® Aero Ready-to-Fly Drone is programmable but there is not any information about the SDK and what are the features we can implement and control.

Does Anyone know anything about this issue?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: SDK for developers
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Soubhi,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Aero Platform.

We are currently working on finalizing that documentation, and we hope to have them available soon, however, the Intel® Aero Ready-to-Fly drone supports AirMap* SDK for airspace services as is mentioned here https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense/aero

Regards,
          -Yermi  

• 2. Re: SDK for developers
            Soubhi

Hi,
            Thank you for your reply.

Actually I am interested in the Intel® Aero Platform and we request one when It will be available.
            Is is possible to ask you further question?. Will it be possible to develop a mobile application to control the drone and order it to rotate around specific object (like a small building) and capture images for it?
            I mean will the SDK provide such a functionalities to develop applications for that idea?

Many Thanks.

• 3. Re: SDK for developers
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Soubhi,

Thank you very much for your interest, the Intel® Aero Ready-to-Fly comes equipped with Intel® RealSense™ depth and vision capabilities, so it will be able to capture images and more. However, more information about this platform will be post soon. We’ll appreciate your patience during the meantime.

Currently, all information on the Aero can be seen through http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/technology-innovation/aerial-technology-overview.html.  

Regards,
              -Yermi  

• 4. Re: SDK for developers
                Jeyong

Hi,

Will it be possible to develop a mobile application to control the drone and order it to rotate around specific object (like a small building) and capture images for it?

I can't guess how much Intel supports Aero Platform.

But Usually we can control drone by using mavlink commands with Wifi or telemetry.

And It supports RealSense so it's possible to program capture images using RealSense lib.

Actually last week I just ordered Intel Aero Platform. I don't know it exactly.

But Aero compute board seems like onboard system. As was stated above It's normal to develop drone application too.

Thanks.

1 of 1 people found this helpful