Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7353 Discussions

AC7265 installed however no bluetooth radio is shown in Device Manager in Windows 7

cchri28
Beginner

I have an HP Elitebook 840 G2 with the 7265 adaptor installed, for many days I have tried to install the Bluetooth adaptor in windows 7; no Bluetooth devices are shown in the device manager.

Driver:

7265 driver version = 18.33.3.2

Software:

PROSet/Wireless Software 19.20.0

Wireless Bluetooth patch version 19.10.1635.483

I have updated my laptop BIOS to the latest version, re-installed the USB drivers from HP, internal Bluetooth is enabled in the BIOS, Bluetooth Support Service is running. There are also no un-configured devices in device manager...

Unfortunately all my attempts to get this working have failed and I'm now reaching out to the experts ;-)

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Chorn,

Regarding this particular situation, please try solution found in this link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000022410.html Troubleshoot Issue with Intel® Bluetooth and Microsoft Windows 7* Updates - Please, follow the instructions found in the link provided and let us know if it resolved this situation.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
cchri28
Beginner

Hi Aleki,

I followed the instruction, I did not have either KB installed but i still uninstalled my BT software and re-installed using the link however it did not change the situation.

Best regards, Chris.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Chorn,

Is this wireless adapter the one installed by factory? If so, please, try the latest driver provided by your computer manufacturer. You can find their contact information here:http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites

As a second option, please try our generic drivers found here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26311 Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Software for Windows 7* and once you have downloaded it, please do the following: check if you have the following Microrsoft* KBs installed, if so, please uninstall them, too as they are known to cause the incompatibility issue as the other two informed previously.
  • KB3133977
  • KB3179573

You can uninstall these updates through Programs and Features in Control Panel or using the following command via CMD.

1. wusa /uninstall /kb:3133977 /quiet /norestart

2. Rpeat this command for each of the installed updates.

Then, once this is done, you can install the latest version of the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software.

Let us know if this helped.

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
cchri28
Beginner

Hi Aleki, thanks for your help so far, unfortunately no luck yet...

I did not have the additional KBs you mentioned installed.

I uninstalled my BT software and installed the BT software published on the HP site for my laptop, here is the version it installed:

MSI (s) (84:6C) [10:19:22:784]: Product: Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)(patch version 19.0.1629.3590) -- Installation completed successfully.

I also tried the link to the generic drivers, it directed me to the previously installed Wireless Bluetooth patch version 19.10.1635.483, which I re-installed anyway since it was newer.

I then installed the latest PROSet/Wireless Software again. (19.20.0)

Best regards,

Chris.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Chorn,

Could you please let us know if this adapter is the one installed by factory?

Up next, in order for the Bluetooth* to work check if the following services are running properly:

1. Bluetooth Device Monitor.

2. Bluetooth OBEX Services.

3. Bluetooth Support services

In order to do so, please run: services.msc to open Services Manager and check if they are set to Automatic (delayed) and if the service is started and running, if not, click on Start Service button to start the service.

Additionally, please check this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/980396 Bluetooth devices do not work correctly on a computer that is running Windows 7 provided by Microsoft* where they address this type of issue.

Let us know if this helped.

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
cchri28
Beginner

Hi Aleki,

Yes this BT adaptor was installed by the factory.

Here are the statuses of the Bluetooth services:

Bluetooth Device Monitor - Automatic (Delayed Start) - Started

Bluetooth Media Service- Automatic (Delayed Start) - Started

Bluetooth OBEX Service - Automatic (Delayed Start) - Started

Bluetooth Support service - Automatic - Started

Intel Bluetooth service - Automatic - Started

I tried to installed the hotfix MS suggested however when I try to install the fix it is not applicable to my computer. (it was the correct version for my computer - win7 x64)

Best regards, Chris.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Chorn,

In this case that the adapter is the one installed by factory, we recommend to try a clean installation of the drivers and use the computer manufacturer latest driver available even though their later version may differ from the one in our download center.

Please, try their version first and if after trying their version you notice the situation still persists, try our version, the one we have previously informed on another post.

On both scenarios, here is how you can do the clean installation:

1. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

2. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

3. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

12. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.

Let us know if these steps helped you to resolve this situation.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Chorn,

Could you please be so kind and try Bluetooth* Driver version: 19.10.1607 as this is the version meant for Windows*7 and let us know the results. For your convenience, here is the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26311/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-Software-for-Windows-7-?product=72252 Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Software for Windows 7*

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
cchri28
Beginner

Hi Aleki,

I followed your instructions for a clean install, same problem I'm afraid. I installed the Bluetooth software as advised but no change.

I have also installed a new copy of Windows 7 on another partition and only installed the drivers downloaded from HP, this also has the same problem, no Bluetooth Radios or devices.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Chorn,

Can you check if these computers have any physical or soft switch on/off for the wireless? If so, check if it is off and then turn it back on and let us know if will enable Bluetooth*. If possible, send us as screenshot of what you see in device manager.

Let us known as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
cchri28
Beginner

Hi Aleki,

I issue is resolved. HP provide a software switch to turn on the BT device, this is not tied to the wifi connection button on the laptop.

Once the HP Connection Manager is installed I have access to turn on the BT radio :-)

Appreciate all you advice along the way. Cheers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Chorn,

We are glad to know that the issue has been resolved. Thank you for taking the time and letting us know it. Remember, we are here to help, please feel free to contacts should you have any further questions or doubts.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos