7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2016 12:16 AM by mlschmid

DSI Display and MIPI Camera

happyhardware

Are there any example DSI Displays or MIPI Cameras available with drivers or is this a work in progress?  How difficult is it to use an available DSI Display?

• 1. Re: DSI Display and MIPI Camera
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi happyhardware,

I looked specifically for examples with DSI/ MIPI cameras and didn’t find examples available. The Joule comes with a MIPI* display serial interface (DSI) so attaching one of these devices should be possible. As you said, this is still a work in progress, so more examples will be made available in the future.

-Sergio

• 2. Re: DSI Display and MIPI Camera
            happyhardware

Does Intel have any consultants/partners working with Joule they can recommend?

• 3. Re: DSI Display and MIPI Camera
              Intel Corporation

We’ll look into this. We’ll contact you as soon as we have more information.

-Sergio

• 4. Re: DSI Display and MIPI Camera
                Intel Corporation

Thank you for your patience. We are building out recommended partners, but at this time, we do not have any consultant/partners to recommend.

Please let us know if there’s something else we can help you with.

-Sergio

• 5. Re: DSI Display and MIPI Camera
                  mlschmid

I'm also very interested in the camera interface.

The Joule fact sheet is talking about a CSI interface. But when looking at the module datasheet, "CSI" is mentioned only once together with +VSYS voltage supply. No signals on the pinout description, no additional information on the data sheet or IoT portal.

I can fully understand, that it still takes some time until drivers and infrastructure are set up. But can you maybe tell a little bit about the CSI interface in general: Is there really a CSI interface? How much lanes are available? How much sensors can be connected. How much MPixel/s or resolution/framerate can it handle on the input and ISP side?

Thank you very much.

Michael

• 6. Re: DSI Display and MIPI Camera
                    Intel Corporation

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting us. As you know, we’re currently working on the Joule’s documentation, software tools and other features. The contents of what’ll be on the documentation or some of the features you’re requesting have not been disclosed yet, so I personally don’t know if that specific information will be available. I will however, forward your post to the appropriate support team so they can consider it and hopefully have those questions addressed in future documents.

-Sergio

• 7. Re: DSI Display and MIPI Camera
                      mlschmid

Hi Sergio,

In the meantime I also contacted my distributor to directly address this topic.

Thanks again,

Michael