Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

5100 AGN overload generates disconnexion ?

idata
Employee

Hi all,

I'm wondering if you have experienced such:

When I challenge my new DELL under Windows7 64 bits (automatic updates enabled) with Firefox (3.6) by opening several new web pages, downloading few files (1 or 2), having Skype/MSN open, maybe some software update checks and playing online at the same time, it appears that my wireless card gets nuts: either it is completely disconnected, either (and this is VERY strange) I can see all my neighbour's wireless gateways, but not mine (?!)

Could you try on your side and tell me if you experience such ?

Today, the only solution I've found is to reduce my online activity, but this is not a 'real' solution to me...

For those who will ask: yes, I have the latest driver (13.0.0.107)

Look for your answers,

Slywan

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Yes, I have the same issue with 5300 AGN in Windows 7 x64 with the latest driver. I also have BSODs. It seems like there's an issue

with 5100 and 5300 under Windows 7 x64 with the current driver since a lot of people are having the same issues / symptoms. Personally I'm just waiting and hoping that Intel acknowledge and address the problem soon. Windows 7 has been out for some time now.

0 Kudos