7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2016 7:42 PM by Intel Corporation

Chipset Driver installation failed using Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.6

LucavaL

I'm having some issues with this Driver Installation:

I've used Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.6 to scan for my drivers, then i have installed the latest over the old updates. The software asked for a reboot to complete the installation, but after that, it keeps warning me about the same update.

This is the notification after the Reboot: P39GdTi.png

This is the History in the Utility (As you can see, it says (Completed): LSRFiU8.png

After some online research, i found out that i can check the currently installed version of Chipset drivers via REGEDIT. FRQLAN5.png

It seems that the "RebootRequired" entry is stuck, and i can't find out how to fix it.

Thank you for your time!

• 1. Re: Chipset Driver installation failed using Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.6
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello LucavaL:

In order to better assist you we just need to verify a few details:

What is the model of the motherboard?

What is the model of the chipset?

What is the model of the processor?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of the laptop?

Which Windows version are you using?

Besides this problem with the Intel® Driver Update Utility, Is there any problem when the laptop itself?

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

• 2. Re: Chipset Driver installation failed using Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.6
            LucavaL

Hello Alberto and thank you for your kind attention.

Here are the informations you asked for:

-----------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASRock H97 Pro4

Chipset: Intel Haswell Rev. 06

Processor Model: Intel Core i7 4790

Windows version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Edition, 64bit. (Build 14393), upgraded from Windows 8.1, 64bit.

------------------------------------------

I recently discovered another problem: when running dxdiag for system diagnostic, it crashes because of DirectShow (Directx), this might be related to Intel and Nvidia drivers, i don't think this is linked to chipset driver problem.

Side question: are you Italian?

Best Regards

Luca

• 3. Re: Chipset Driver installation failed using Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.6
              Intel Corporation

Hello LucavaL:

Thank you very much for that information.

No, I am not Italian Sir.

The problem as you mentioned, seems to be related to the graphics driver, ASrock has its own graphics driver for this board, please try to install it, look for the one that says VGA:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H97%20Pro4/?cat=Download&os=Win1064

The processor you have works with Intel® HD Graphics 4600, on the following link you will see the latest version of the graphics driver for that controller, please try t install that driver if the driver above does not work:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81496

In regard to Nvidia drivers, you can look for them on the nest link:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

To update drivers, we actually recommend to do so by installing each of them manually, since the Intel(R) Driver Update Utility was design to work with Intel boards.

So, is there any problem with the PC, is it working properly?

Alberto

• 4. Re: Chipset Driver installation failed using Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.6
                LucavaL

Hello Alberto,

I've tried installing both ASRock and Intel HD graphics, because i keep nVidia drivers up to date with GeForce Experience:

- The first one told me that i already had the newest driver so i would have downgraded to a older version.

- The second one installed successfully, but after the restart, the Intel(R) Driver Update Utility problem was not solved, neither the dxdiag problem (It keeps crashing).

Should i install the ASRock driver you provided me, overwriting the newer drivers?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards

Luca

EDIT: I Solved the Dxdiag problem: it was related to a File in System32 installed by FL Studio (vorbis.acm): after some research i found out that this file was unnecessary. So i moved it in another directory (Desktop), and magically the dxdiag is not crashing anymore. Also i used the ASRock software called "APP Shop" that does an auto-scan for drivers, and it updated me 3 drivers where Intel HD Graphics was one of these.

But still, Intel(R) Driver Update Utility keeps warning me about that update. Should i ignore it? Thanks.

• 5. Re: Chipset Driver installation failed using Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.6
                  Intel Corporation

Hello LucavaL:

Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

Yes, in this case the best thing to do is to ignore it, if the PC is working fine and now that the Dxdiag is working fine there is no need to pay attention to the tool, as we spoke before, we recommend to install the drivers manually and since the Intel Driver Update Utility was design to work with Intel boards, and you have an ASrock motherboard, the information from the tool might not be that accurate in regard to driver updates.

Alberto

• 6. Re: Chipset Driver installation failed using Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.6
                    LucavaL

Hello Alberto,

Thank you very much for the attention you paid to my case. You promptly and kindly answered to all my questions.

So I am gonna ignore every Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.6 future notification (I'm considering about uninstalling it, since you told me it does not supports my Motherboard).

But what about the previous Installation residues and the Register Entries created by itself? Should i keep them? Is it safe?

Thank you very much and sorry about any grammar problem. I'm trying my best.

Best Regards

Luca

• 7. Re: Chipset Driver installation failed using Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.6
                      Intel Corporation

Hello LucavaL:

No problem at all, your grammar is very good, I understand perfectly all the questions you have submitted on this thread.

In regard to the Intel® Driver Update Utility 2.6, yes, you can always un-install it from control panel by getting into the programs option and delete it from there.

And about the register entries created by itself, you can keep them or delete them, both ways it is safe and the PC will work just fine.

Alberto