14 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2010 3:35 PM by zhichiu

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 Intel P55 RAID Windows 7 (x64) Installation Problem

zhichiu

Hello all,

I've purchased this setup and built the computer about three days ago and are having the hardest time getting Windows 7 to install on RAID5.  I've enabled XHD so it naturally sets the SATA mode to AHCI.  I boot up the Windows 7 DVD and get to the hard drive configuration screen.  I can't get pass this.  I get these errors relating to formatting of the drives.  If I set it to IDE mode, it works fine and I'm able to run through the entire Windows 7 installation, but then I can't get to use the 3 drives in RAID5, which was the intention of all this.  I've tried using the drivers disk that came with the motherboard, but that doesn't work neither.  I've also tried venturing at the Intel website and downloaded drives, but that doesn't work neither.  Can someone shed some light?  Has anyone been successful with installing Windows 7 x64 on this motherboard on RAID5 settings?  I've also tried setting it up in RAID0 and I'm getting the same result.  Is there an updated set of drives that will help?  If so, please provide a link.  Thanks in advance.

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 (Intel P55)

8GB RAM

3x Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB Drives

ATI PCI-E card (low end, forgot the model number) - just to get the system up and running, will swap out for better card later.

Windows 7 64 - bit