Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20665 Discussions

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD (Core i3), compatible windows 10?

DDENN3
Beginner

I have the following laptop and graphics card:

System Model HP Pavilion dv4 Notebook PC

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD (Core i3),

Need to know if the graphics card will run in Windows. I have checked many other things but am not sure about this graphics card. I ran the Intel driver tool and it says I have latest update, but the card has a few years on it now.

Smoky

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Likely not. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products

What processor do you have?

Doc

0 Kudos
DDENN3
Beginner

have the I3 processor in the laptop for the system

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Yes, but which one? there are at least 7 generations of the i3.

Right-Click on "This PC" and select properties.

Or, provide the exact model of your notebook. There are multiple versions of this notebook from HP.

Doc

0 Kudos
DDENN3
Beginner

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz 2.13GHz

HP Pavilion dv4 Notebook

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This is your processor: http://ark.intel.com/products/47663/Intel-Core-i3-330M-Processor-3M-Cache-2_13-GHz Intel® Core™ i3-330M Processor (3M Cache, 2.13 GHz) Specifications

Your processor and graphics are not supported on Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
DDENN3
Beginner

Heck, EXTREME disappointment. Even if I don't use any video? Almost everything on this PC is for audio.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The best you can hope for is a generic driver from Microsoft, which you likely already have. Or, rollback to your previous OS.

Doc

0 Kudos
DDENN3
Beginner

I have not yet tried to update to windows 10 on this pc. The one from Dell and the one from Toshiba worked fine last July. I think I hear you saying give it a try, and then just restore if it does not work well. the main reason I want to go to windows 10 because then all 3 laptops share with each other in the update process. and I don't get confused by trying to deal with 2 operating systems. My HP laptop stays off the internet except for updates,.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Well, you can try updating. Your cpu is a 1st gen cpu, Nothing below a 3rd gen cpu is supported. You are more than 6 generations behind. And, you will likely have driver issues.

Just out of curiosity, what processors do your dell and Toshiba have?

My personal feelings are to upgrade to a new (or currently supported) laptop. You would benefit from the hardware upgrade, and you would be supported.

A nice, new, shiney paint job (Windows 10) on an old car (HP laptop) does not fix any of the underlying problems (engine, performance, economy).

Doc

0 Kudos
DDENN3
Beginner

i3 processors on all 3 of my laptops. The Dell came with Windows 10 already installed from the manufacturer.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have sent you a private message. Please check your Inbox.

Allan.
0 Kudos
АХомя
Beginner

too old your computer. But Windows is placed not worry.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have forwarded this information to the appropriate team. I will update this thread as soon as I get news about this matter.

Allan.

0 Kudos
DDENN3
Beginner

correction,,,,

the Toshiba has an AMD E-300 APU with Radeom HD graphics. 1.30 GHz

dell and HP have the i3

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for sharing the information about your system.

Allan.
0 Kudos