4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2016 9:17 AM by Intel Corporation

Using xsens imu from usb

rneri

Hello,

I'm using an intel edison with an arduino expansion board to connect a xsens mti sensor through the USB port, but when I do ls /dev/tty* the device is not present. Then I do a lsusb and it is present but no driver is associated.

I yet build a custom kernel (using menuconfig) to embedded the xsens motion control driver, but does not work.

Has anyone experienced similar problem?

Thank's

Rafael

• 1. Re: Using xsens imu from usb
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for contacting us!

I’ll try to help you with that, in order to give you a better assistance I would like to know the detailed steps you followed in order to modify the kernel.
          I’ll be waiting your reply.

Regards,
          -Yermi

• 2. Re: Using xsens imu from usb
            rneri

Hi Yermi,

I followed these steps:

• Download last source files from intel site (ww25.5), extract and configure bitbake directories, run ./meta-intel-edison/setup.bash
            • Edit the paho-mqtt_3.1.bb file to change the SRC_URI variable
            • $bitbake virtual/kernel -c menuconfig
              • Device Drivers > USB support > USB Serial Converter support > <M> Xsens motion tracker serial interface driver (M)
              • Save the .config file and copy the changes from tmp/work/edison-poky-linux/linux-yocto/3.10.17-r0/linux-edison-standard-build/.config to tmp/work/edison-poky-linux/linux-yocto/3.10.17-r0/linux/arch/x86/configs/i386_edison_defconfig
            • $ bitbake virtual/kernel -c configure -f -v
            • $ bitbake edison-image
            • Edit meta-intel-edison/utils/create-debian-image.sh with these changes:
              • build_dir=$top_repo_dir/build to build_dir=$top_repo_dir/out/linux64/build
              • fsize=$((`stat --printf="%s" toFlash/edison-image-edison.ext4` / 524288)) to fsize=$((`stat --printf="%s" toFlash/edison-image-edison.ext4` / 524288 * 2))
            • And then flash the image to the Edison

When I run the lsusb command the xsens is present, but without the xsens driver. When I go to the drivers/usb/serial directory the xsens_mt driver is not here.

Thank you!

* I'm building a new image and I will post the shell print screen.

• 3. Re: Using xsens imu from usb
              Intel Corporation

Hi Rafael,

Thank you very much for your detailed reply, it seems that you are following the correct steps and it is strange that xsen_mt driver is not present. I’ve noticed that you are building the driver as a module (M), I’d suggest you to try to build it as compiled-in (y) in order to know if it could help.

Moreover, I’ll be waiting for your post with the shell print screen, also, any detail you can share will be very useful.

Regards,
              -Yermi

• 4. Re: Using xsens imu from usb
                Intel Corporation

Hi Rafael,

I would like to know if you have any questions or update.

Regards,
                -Yermi