Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

My Intel HD graphics with my j2900 pentium has been uninstalled and i have been trying to fix it for 3 hours...please help... ive tried sfc /scannow, and a whole buncha regedit and stuff...if you need more info just ask

AAide
Beginner

Like i said if you need more info i have it, im on a windows 10 installed on a External drive in windows to go format, but i used cmd on the install disk to put it on my external hdd, it was a pain in my butt, but i think that is coming back to bite me in the butt.. but yea just let me know if you need any logs or anything.. THANKS!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AAide
Beginner

I Also have an error whenever i try to install any driver,actually 2 of them depending on which driver... 1. "The configuration database is corrupt." and a simple # 2.A "1603" error or "a fatal error has occured..." the reason i think its coming all down to where i installed windows (MY 1TB External HDD) that it might be a subst drive...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mineter4gret,

Could you please let us know the driver version you are running? Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Which Intel® HD Graphics version are you trying to install?

Regards,

Amy

0 Kudos
AAide
Beginner

Sorry but i reinstalled windows and its working now... i tried everything in my power to restore it but because its on a external hdd i cant use system restore or the cd because of that.

0 Kudos
AAide
Beginner

The driver was replaced by a generic windows 10 driver but i think a virus caused the problem like a trojan horse...it was still there on the 13th or last week.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for sharing that information, I am glad to hear that you were able to fix this.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos