I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the NUC while connected to a receiver.
I have some troubleshooting we can start with:
1. To find out if HDMI-Audio is working, please connect the NUC directly to the TV and check if the sound is transmitted to the TV.
2. With the receiver connected, check the playback devices (right click on the speaker icon on the taskbar) and verify if the receiver is recognized, a screenshot would be great to have.
3. If recognized, set it as default and disable all other playback devices present there.
4. Please provide me with the Intel SSU report of the system in question.
How to get the report?
-Download the utility
-Scan your system with the utility
-Export the report (hit next and then save) and attach it to your answer with the advanced editor option (reply button and then check upper right corner)
Hope I can hear from you :)
Thanks so much for your reply. I am attaching the support document (and some screen photos) that you requested. In response to your suggestions:
1. No sound through TV when attached directly to the TV via HDMI.
2. Receiver is not recognized; photos attached; therefore:
3. setting receiver as default is not possible (unrequited recognition);
4. report attached.
You'll notice in the photos of the screen that the volume was muted (which is weird in itself), but after setting it to 100% and doing everything all over again, I'm afraid I still get the exact same results; i.e., no sound.
I do hope you can help!
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Thank you for the answer provided!
Some troubleshooting left:
-Make the Samsung device as default in the playback devices
-Disable all other audio devices at playback devices but the default
-Please install these drivers: http://intel.ly/2cFvlCR
-Please check the audio options in the TV's menu, try to change them to find out if this is the issue.
If the problem is present with the HDMI cable connected from the TV to the NUC after following steps above, please give us a call or start a chat session.
Contact information: http://intel.ly/29LZ0fn
Hope I can hear from you with the results.
Thank you! It worked. Actually, I think I hear a tiny system sound after setting Samsung as the default & disabling the other audio devices (fyi). But I wasn't sure, so I installed the drivers as well, then tested, and it's perfect now. Yay! Music through the sound system's speakers via the NUC. I'm dancing in the living room. It's wonderful.
Thanks so much, again,
I am really glad to hear the recommendations provided worked for you
Will proceed to close this matter, but if you happen to encounter with any further inquiry feel free to reach us out here at the Intel Communities.
Hope you have a great day!