cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 600p SSD issue

RConr1
New Contributor

I just bought the Intel 512gb 600p and when i install alcohol 120% it asks me to install a driver called SPTD which is located at the following websitehttp://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads/ http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads/

http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads/ DuplexSecure - Downloads

The problem is that after i install SPTD for windows 10 i have to reboot and then upon rebooting i get an error called inaccessable_boot_device

I am curious if anyone else is experiencing anything like this?

And if anyone is curious and tries installing SPTD, please make a restore point before you do so as thats the only way to fix the issue

15 REPLIES 15

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Richardcau,

We understand you have installed Alcohol 120% and, due to a driver requirement, when you restarted the system it showed you a blue screen with an error: "Inaccessable_boot_device".We have tried in one of our SSDs here with a fresh install of Windows® 10 and basically we found the same error, however, we were able to boot the system in safe mode and it went through. Once we were in safe mode, we ran a malware software and found there were some files infected as well a registry key affected by installing the software.This seems to be most likely related to the executable file, this because we were not even asked to install that driver you mentioned before, but once the installation was done, the software required an update on it and that's when the problem happened.Maybe you would like to make sure where the file is being downloaded or consider a different software.Regards,NC

RConr1
New Contributor

Thankyou for your reply

The file is directly from the alcohol-soft website here

http://www.alcohol-soft.com/ CD and DVD Burning Software - Alcohol Soft copy and virtual drive software Alcohol 120 and 52% Free Edition

I paid for the Alcohol 120% full version a long time ago and have never had issues with the installation with it until now, it worked 100% fine on the same version of windows 10 on my old sata ssd drive which was a 240gb kingmax SME35 Xvalue. There is probably optional malware in the freeware version, but that is not in the full installer and i have never gotten malware from there installer.

Are you 100% sure its the software and not the driver STPD interacting with the NVME driver as it is a storage driver?

For confirmation that it is the SPTD driver and not the alcohol 120% program i downloaded the SPTD driver from there website, created a restore point and then installed it. After that i rebooted and found the same blue screen error which confirms to me that it is the driver and not the Alcohol 120% software causing this issue, Alcohol 120% installs STPD as a driver for it's virtual drives. I have been using it for a very long time and like i said never any issues really.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Richardcau,

Thanks for the reply. We actually just downloaded the file to install the software and it never asked us to install the STPD driver, which concerned us since we got the same blue screen error code.We would like to double check this, however, this since to be most likely related to a software situation and the type of storage drive you have now installed, we believe we will need to do more digging on this.Now, are you currently using the program with the STPD driver? Or did you have to uninstall the driver so it can work?We will be waiting for response and we will research on it.Regards,NC

RConr1
New Contributor

Hello

When i try to install alcohol 120% it actually requires me to install the STPD driver first before i can install alcohol 120%, if it cannot detect that driver it will not continue with the install process. So i cannot even install alcohol 120%, i tried installing the most up to date STPD driver from the official website but it blue screens. I do believe its the driver and not Alcohol 120% causing these issues as i stated before i tried a seperate install of just the driver and it gave me the same error which means that Alcohol 120% was not involved at all and its an error with STPD. I can tell that STPD installs a driver and an actual device in the device manager which could be causing a conflict somewhere.