1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2017 5:19 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel 600p SSD issue

Richardcau

I just bought the Intel 512gb 600p and when i install alcohol 120% it asks me to install a driver called SPTD which is located at the following websitehttp://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads/

DuplexSecure - Downloads

The problem is that after i install SPTD for windows 10 i have to reboot and then upon rebooting i get an error called inaccessable_boot_device

I am curious if anyone else is experiencing anything like this?

And if anyone is curious and tries installing SPTD, please make a restore point before you do so as thats the only way to fix the issue

• 1. Re: Intel 600p SSD issue
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Richardcau,

We understand you have installed Alcohol 120% and, due to a driver requirement, when you restarted the system it showed you a blue screen with an error: "Inaccessable_boot_device".

We have tried in one of our SSDs here with a fresh install of Windows® 10 and basically we found the same error, however, we were able to boot the system in safe mode and it went through. Once we were in safe mode, we ran a malware software and found there were some files infected as well a registry key affected by installing the software.

This seems to be most likely related to the executable file, this because we were not even asked to install that driver you mentioned before, but once the installation was done, the software required an update on it and that's when the problem happened.

Maybe you would like to make sure where the file is being downloaded or consider a different software.

Regards,
          NC

• 2. Re: Intel 600p SSD issue
            Richardcau

Thankyou for your reply

The file is directly from the alcohol-soft website here

CD and DVD Burning Software - Alcohol Soft copy and virtual drive software Alcohol 120 and 52% Free Edition

I paid for the Alcohol 120% full version a long time ago and have never had issues with the installation with it until now, it worked 100% fine on the same version of windows 10 on my old sata ssd drive which was a 240gb kingmax SME35 Xvalue. There is probably optional malware in the freeware version, but that is not in the full installer and i have never gotten malware from there installer.

Are you 100% sure its the software and not the driver STPD interacting with the NVME driver as it is a storage driver?

For confirmation that it is the SPTD driver and not the alcohol 120% program i downloaded the SPTD driver from there website, created a restore point and then installed it. After that i rebooted and found the same blue screen error which confirms to me that it is the driver and not the Alcohol 120% software causing this issue, Alcohol 120% installs STPD as a driver for it's virtual drives. I have been using it for a very long time and like i said never any issues really.

• 3. Re: Intel 600p SSD issue
              Intel Corporation

Hello Richardcau,

Thanks for the reply. We actually just downloaded the file to install the software and it never asked us to install the STPD driver, which concerned us since we got the same blue screen error code.
              We would like to double check this, however, this since to be most likely related to a software situation and the type of storage drive you have now installed, we believe we will need to do more digging on this.
              Now, are you currently using the program with the STPD driver? Or did you have to uninstall the driver so it can work?

We will be waiting for response and we will research on it.

Regards,
              NC

• 4. Re: Intel 600p SSD issue
                Richardcau

Hello

When i try to install alcohol 120% it actually requires me to install the STPD driver first before i can install alcohol 120%, if it cannot detect that driver it will not continue with the install process. So i cannot even install alcohol 120%, i tried installing the most up to date STPD driver from the official website but it blue screens. I do believe its the driver and not Alcohol 120% causing these issues as i stated before i tried a seperate install of just the driver and it gave me the same error which means that Alcohol 120% was not involved at all and its an error with STPD. I can tell that STPD installs a driver and an actual device in the device manager which could be causing a conflict somewhere.

• 5. Re: Intel 600p SSD issue
                  Intel Corporation

Hello Richardcau,

We would like to keep researching about this driver in order to determine the root of cause. We will be doing some more testing in our lab and we will share some updates soon.
                  Let us know if you find something else as well.

Regards,
                  NC

• 6. Re: Intel 600p SSD issue
                    Intel Corporation

Hello Richardcau,

After reviewing the case, we can tell that this may be a problem with the native NVMe* driver, meaning it is probably at the operating system level. We do suggest checking with Microsoft* this situation as well and make sure there are no issues with the native NVMe* driver that comes in Windows® 10.

We recommend also checking with the manufacturer of the STPD driver and make sure if the driver works fine with NVMe*.

Regards,
                    NC

• 7. Re: Intel 600p SSD issue
                      Intel Corporation

Hi Richardcau,

We are following up and we'd like to know if you checked with STPD manufacturer or Microsoft*?
                      We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,
                      NC

• 8. Re: Intel 600p SSD issue
                        Richardcau

Hello

I have contacted Microsoft and they confirmed it is an issue but as soon as it come down to fixing the problem they disconnected there chat, I contacted Alcohol-Soft on there tech support forums and i am waiting for a reply from them, The new intel NVME driver next month may fix the issue and i am hoping it will

Thanks

Richard

• 9. Re: Intel 600p SSD issue
                          Intel Corporation

Hello Richardcau,

Please let us know if you have any updates or if you require any further assistance from us. We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,
                          NC

• 10. Re: Intel 600p SSD issue
                            Intel Corporation

Hello Richardcau,

We are wondering if you have any updates about this situation. We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,
                            NC

• 11. Re: Intel 600p SSD issue
                              Richardcau

Hello

I got in contact with microsoft and they haven't been able to fix the issue, On the alcohol 120% forums i was told that there is a known windows 10 anniversary bug and also i should ask at duplexsecure.com but there forums don't let you register for some reason so i cannot ask them anything. I installed the new Intel SSD Toolbox and everything shows up and is 100% fine so there probably right about it being microsoft, The only thing i can think of that may help is intel's nvme driver but it hasn't been released for the 600p, will there be a nvme driver for the 600p?

• 12. Re: Intel 600p SSD issue
                                Intel Corporation

Hi Richardcau,

Thanks for your reply.
                                About the situation your system is having, we do believe the situation may be related with Microsoft*, this because they provide the drive for this drive.
                                Now, about the NVMe* driver, these new series of drives  do not require a driver as they will used the "Inbox" driver from the OS. There are no updates on regards us launching a driver for it, we don't think we will be releasing a driver for this SSD, but maybe in a future, it is really hard to tell if this will be happening.

Let us know if you require any more assistance from us.
                                Regards,
                                NC

• 13. Re: Intel 600p SSD issue
                                  Intel Corporation

Hi Richardcau,

We would like to know if you require any further assistance or questions about this thread?
                                  We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,
                                  NC

• 14. Re: Intel 600p SSD issue
                                    Richardcau

Hello

I just recently got a response from Duplex Secure and they emailed me a new version of the SPTD driver which ran fine, after that i installed alcohol 120% and nothing wrong with it so far.

obviously there software was causing the issue and hopefully they release the version i got in the email on there website soon as it has fixed this issue and i think other people should have access to it

Thanks for your help

Richard

1 2 Previous Next