1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 12, 2016 11:22 AM by Intel Corporation

I am looking for a version of Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver which can function in Win10 - but Intel seems only to have drivers for Win7 (and 8).

SEH

I am looking for a version of

Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver

which can function in Win10 - but Intel seems only to have drivers for Win7 (and 8).

Befor I upgraded from Win7, the USBs functioned perfectly - but after I had Win10 installed, the USB3.0 ports malfunction when a USB3.0 is connected (while it still functions correctly with a USB2).

I have had HP-support to investigate the problem. They upgraded the chipset-driver and some other drivers - but the error persisted. As a last attempt, the motherboard was exchanged - still without elimination of the problem. Then HP gave up - suggested to re-install Win7 and afterwards upgrade to Win10. However, I am quite reluctant with this suggestion, in particular because Win10 after the latest upgrade a few days ago tells that the driver does not function with Win10 - and that a new or updated version for Win10 should be installed. But do there exist such a version?

(My pc: HP ProDesk 490 G2 MT with Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-4790S CPU @ 3.20GHz)