cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unrecognized Fixup Data!"

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Trying to update my X25-M firmware on a Gateway P7801u laptop. Removed old hdd. Fresh windows 7 install on SSD.

i've created the CD using the ISO image and verified the files on the cd (they all look to be present and uncorrupted). I turn off my computer, wait 10s, turn the computer back on. Starts to boot from the cd then drops to a DOS prompt with something like [ptype\w] and the message after that "Unrecognized fixup Data!".

Any idea what I need to do to properly update my firmware? I saw another post on the internet that indicated putting the image onto a thumb drive may work, but I don't own a thumb drive (crazy i know) and didn't want to go out and purchase one on the off chance I may be able to update with it. Help! Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

should mention, the file that is trying to run when i get unrecognized fixup data is "issdfut"

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have the same issue on my HP Mini 5102

"PMODE/W: Unrecognized fixup data!"

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Intel support resolved my issue.

In my bios, they suggested disabling AHCI support then change the SATA support to Legacy or Compatible. For me this translated to changing (I think it was the Sata controller option) from AHCI to IDE. Restarted my computer, firmware updated installed correctly.

After updating the firmware I went back to my bios and put it back to using AHCI.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

OK cool.

I read somewhere in the Intel documentation that it doesn't work in IDE mode. I took the firmware update utility and put it on a bootable USB flash drive and it ran fine.

Cheers