Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2046 Discussions

Windows 10 - Rapid Storage Driver causes Graphics Driver to crash

idata
Employee

Hello everyone,

Ive been having lots of graphic driver crashes during my gaming sessions and after closing out my graphics card as a fault (bought a GTX 980 today) I decided to check windows eventlog. After that it was pretty clear that Intel RST was the problem here. At the exact time when i encountered the freezes and graphic driver crashed Intel Rapid Storage Technology, which is part of my chipset drivers, blocked my volumes by resetting Raid/0. I dont use any Raid Technology (except for Raid/0 aka Striping of course).

What i wanted to ask is, if theres any benefit if I dont need any Raid Technologies like Mirroring. I also dont use the feature that "unites" some of my physical volumes to one logical volume.

Currently I have RST uninstalled and that fixed the problem. The thing is: I've had it installed for a couple years and there never happened to be any problem, so I'm quite curious what seems to be the problem.

Is there any workaround?

Thanks in advance,

Breenori

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

There is no need of having the Intel® Rapid Storage software installed on the system if you have a RAID 0 volume. There is no redundancy when using RAID 0. I am testing a RAID 0 volume for a while and I do not have reports about this error with the Intel® Rapid Storage.

Allan.
0 Kudos