I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK.
I have some troubleshooting you can peform for this issue.
1. Access BIOS and look for Advanced > Cooling > set it to balanced or higher.
2. Please make sure the latest graphics drivers are installed:
*Beta 4530: http://intel.ly/2dtTnRZ
*Latest 4501: http://intel.ly/2dNYLlp
3. If possible, test each stick of RAM on each DIMMs on the unit.
4. If the problem persists, access the device manager (Windows key + X and select "Device manager") loof for display adapters, right click on Intel HD Graphics and properties, then driver tab and uninstall. Then let Windows restart and test it out.
5. In case you are receiving any error message or specific behavior, please provide a screenshot or explanation of it.
6. Please provide me with the Intel SSU report from your system.
How to get Intel SSU report?
Background: This will gather up some important information that will allow me to check compatibility of the components installed in the system.
-Download the utility
-Scan your system with the utility
-Export the report (hit next and then save) and attach it to your answer with the advanced editor option (reply button and then check upper right corner)
Hope I can hear from you soon and positively
why do I need to access the bios ? I am able to play games just fine but sometimes system tends to shut off by itself and even go to sleep middle of me using it nuc skull canyon is a very nice and probably the best pc I have ever owned but needs a lot of work I paid a lot of money to set this up 32gb of ram Samsung m.2 not satisfied with issues its having so far hope you guys fix it
I understand your concern about your Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK having issues with performance.
The recommendations and information requested above is to assist you with the crashes of the unit while playing games, the information will allow me to better assist you and the recommendations are to troubleshoot the problem.
If you would like to, we have support over the phone where peers can assist you live or in an expedited way as well.
Contact info here:
North America: Phone Number: 1-916-377-7000
Monday - Friday
7:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Pacific Time)
Hope I can hear from you.
I checked our system looking for your case and the one escalated (sent over peers to be replicated) is related to 5.1 Audio. As soon as there is a response from the replication team, peers from the phone will provide you with an update.
Related to the crashes while playing videos over the internet, are you still getting this issue?
I am truly sorry for the issues you have faced, we are certainly working on them to provide support to you!
Hope can hear from you soon.
5.1 surround sound still not working, Netflix crashes everytime having mouse lag on my second different mouse by the way. a lot of problems and no help. you guys were suppose to call me back within 24 hours its been more than 3 days already and here comes the weekend thanks a lot intel for not helping at all.