5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2016 3:13 PM by Intel Corporation

Wrong or no JDK Installation

hrh1818

When starting the Eclipse IDE the "wrong or no JDK installation found on this system" error message pops up.  Then it says:

If you have already  installed a compatible JDK please add it to the path ot to the Java Eclipse preferences at

\Windows > Preferences > Javw > Installed JREs 

The 64 bit JDK1.8.0_101 is installed.

Adding the path in the Environment Variables to JDK1.8.0_10\bin\ did not eliminate the error message.

In Eclipse > Window > Preferences > Java There was no mention of Installed JREs.

How do you tell the Eclipse IDE a 64 bit version of Java is installed?

hrh1818

• 1. Re: Wrong or no JDK Installation
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi hrh,

Thank you very much for contacting us again, I’m sorry to hear you’re having this issue.

I’m wondering if you’ve checked the Intel System Studio Troubleshooting/FAQ website, here’s the link in case you want to take a look at it https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-system-studio-iot-edition-troubleshooting-and-faq#Wrong_or_no_JDK_found_message.

Regarding this issue, the FAQ says the following: “You can download the JDK from Oracle at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html. Install the 64-bit JDK (indicated by x64 in the download name), not the 32-bit (x86) version. If you do not have the correct JDK installed, you may see a warning message…”, which is the message you’re currently getting. The next thing to do would be to follow the steps to manually select your JDK in the ISS.

1. In the Intel System Studio IoT Edition, choose Window > Preferences.
          2. Expand the Java category and click Installed JREs. A list of installed JREs and JDKs displays.
          3. If your JDK is not included in the list, click Search. Browse to and select the folder that contains the JDK, then click OK. Your JDK is added and displayed in the Installed JREs list.
          4. Select your JDK, then click OK.
          5. Close and relaunch the Intel System Studio IoT Edition to confirm that the message does not reappear.

Please let us know if you have followed the steps as they are explained above.

Also, note that if you’re not developing with Java you can ignore this message.

Regards,
          -Pablo

• 2. Re: Wrong or no JDK Installation
            Intel Corporation

Hi hrh,

Have you been working on this lately? Do you have any updates on this case?

Regards,
            -Pablo

• 3. Re: Wrong or no JDK Installation
              Matha

I have a similar issue and the error/warning message does not go away with a reboot. I can confirm that the installed JRE meets the requirement stated in the error/warning message. I do not do Java developer but I would still like to eliminate the nag screen. Thanks.

JRE installed.PNG

• 4. Re: Wrong or no JDK Installation
                Intel Corporation

Hi Matha,

Thank you for letting us know and for sharing the picture of your Preferences window configuration. Everything seems to be right with your configuration, could you please share your OS specifications? Also, if you don’t plan to develop in Java in the future, you can simply check the “Do not show this message again” box from the error window, and you won’t be bothered any more with this message.

Regards,
                -Pablo

• 5. Re: Wrong or no JDK Installation
                  Intel Corporation

Hi Matha,

We would like to know if you were able to resolve the issue. If not, please share the information we requested in our previous reply so we can try to help you.

Regards,
                  -Pablo