3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2016 9:47 AM by Intel Corporation

wifi device disapeared after an automatic Windows 10 update

Αλεξανδρος

My compustick wifi device is "gone" after an automatic Windows 10 update. Is the wifi driver also part of the Intel HD Graphics package and can be downloaded and reinstalled like this? (with a working internetconnection...)

• 1. Re: wifi device disapeared after an automatic Windows 10 update
          N.Scott.Pearson

This is a known - and often cursed! - issue with the latest Windows 10 Updates. The latest updates are delivered in a package that "upgrades" the O/S. Like was seen with the Windows 7/8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade package, the upgrade manager is automatically deleting files that are application and/or driver dependencies. In order to get everything back to the right place, you need to download and manually reinstall all of the drivers available for your ICS. Start at Drivers & Software, type the model of your ICS and, on the resulting page, download and install all drivers for your version of Windows 10 that are marked "Latest"...

Hope this helps,

...S

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: wifi device disapeared after an automatic Windows 10 update
            Αλεξανδρος

Downloading  the driver was exactly the problem with out wifi. I bought the stick so I wouldnt need to travel with a gull PC in my bag. Managed to download the Wireless_Win10_32_3008.11.0515.2015 driver and installed it. After activating the device, it works again, but even all the wifi keys were gone too.

Thanks

• 3. Re: wifi device disapeared after an automatic Windows 10 update
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello:

Thank you very much to N. Scott Pearson for the information posted previously, it will be very helpful for all the users viewing this thread.

To Αλεξανδρος:

Let me apologize for any inconvenience you might have with the Intel® compute stick.

It is great to hear that the problem was resolved in regard to the Wi-Fi feature and now the stick is working properly.

In regard to the keys, since after the Windows upgrade some files got deleted, then it is expected for the keys to disappear, but, once you insert them again they should stay and they did before.

Regards

Alberto