2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2016 12:58 PM by Intel Corporation

Bluetooth not working on - AC 7260 after Windows update

mundo

Hi guys,

I have had Intel driver/chipset compatibility issues ever since I purchased my NUC. It seems that it will work then months then suddenly break after a windows update, then I will have to wait months for Intel to release an updated chipset.

I have installed the latest chipset dated 26th September 2016 but that hasn't resolved my issue.

As far as my Windows 10 NUC is concerned there is no Bluetooth functionality at all.

In my device manager I have "Unknown USB Device (Device Descripter Request Failed)" "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43). A request for the USB device descriptor failed."

I believe this to be the root cause.

Does anyone know if it is possible to fix this without having to wait for a fix from Intel?

• 1. Re: Bluetooth not working on - AC 7260 after Windows update
          mundo

OK, all fixed.

I have a 64 bit device and it appears that the driver defaults to 32 bit location and then cannot be found by windows. Intel, please fix this.

I downloaded the driver (BT_19.10.1635_64_Win10.exe) from this location Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 then ran the setup process and as I already had the same driver version installed I chose the REMOVE option. I rebooted then ran it again and when I got the the Typical/Custom/Complete option I chose Custom and then changed the install directory from "C:\Program Files (x86)" to "C:\Program Files\Intel", then rebooted after the install and Bluetooth started working.

Let me know if anyone else has this issue and this fix worked.

• 2. Re: Bluetooth not working on - AC 7260 after Windows update
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello mundo:

Thank you very much for sharing the information above, it will be really helpful for all the peers viewing this thread.  

It is great to hear the issue was resolved and you were able to fix the bluetooth problem and now the NUC is working properly.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards

Alberto