4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2016 2:35 PM by Intel Corporation

Unable to run any sketch through Arduino IDE

Loop

Hello,

I am not even able to run the blinky code on my intel Edison board.

I also updated the firmware for Edison board and installed the latest version of Arduino 1.16.10 and still cannot run the program.

I get the following warnings on compilation:

```

Warning: Board Intel:i686:izmir_ec doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I686_IZMIR_EC
      WARNING: Category '' in library DallasTemperature is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library EEPROM is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library Ethernet is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library EthernetShield is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library OneWire is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library SD is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library SPI is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library Servo is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library SoftwareServo is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library TimerOne is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library USBHost is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library WiFi is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino i686 Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.

Sketch uses 76,331 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 10,000,000 bytes.

```

I get the below error when I try to upload the code

```

Warning: Board Intel:i686:izmir_ec doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I686_IZMIR_EC
      WARNING: Category '' in library DallasTemperature is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library EEPROM is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library Ethernet is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library EthernetShield is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library OneWire is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library SD is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library SPI is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library Servo is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library SoftwareServo is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library TimerOne is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library USBHost is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      WARNING: Category '' in library WiFi is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
      Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino i686 Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.

Sketch uses 76,331 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 10,000,000 bytes.
      java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Users\Parth Desai\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\sketchUploader\1.6.2+1.0/x86/bin/bash.exe": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
      at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
      at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
      at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:129)
      at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:206)
      at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
      at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:707)
      at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:680)
      at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2176)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
      Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
      at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
      at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)
      at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
      at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
      ... 8 more
      An error occurred while uploading the sketch
      Invalid library found in C:\Users\Parth Desai\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i686\1.6.2+1.0\libraries\Wire: C:\Users\Parth Desai\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i686\1.6.2+1.0\libraries\Wire
      Invalid library found in C:\Users\Parth Desai\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i686\1.6.2+1.0\libraries\Wire: C:\Users\Parth Desai\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i686\1.6.2+1.0\libraries\Wire

```

Please can you tell me how to debug the same.

Regards,

Parth Desai