3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2016 2:00 PM by Intel Corporation

Eclipse can't connect to target board

JamesLeo

Hi,

I'm try the IDEs of Edison IOT board.

It's easy to download to board if use Arduino  --- that's a UART download.

XDK, also download fine.

But Eclipse, costs a lot of time to try connection to my board.

The manual is simple:IoT - Blinking an LED using C/C++ | Intel® Software ,but I can't connect my board even if I set 'Intel Edison USB RNDIS Device' to 192.168.2.x (not 15)

If use the 'search for target' function of 'Target selection', there will be a lot of device listed: 10.141.2.xxx (same subnet of my wlan address)  -- still can't be connect -- I don't know the password.

'Can't connect to the target due to a connection error or a manual cancelation. The launching process will be stopped.'

At same time I try to connect 192.168.2.15 by putty in SSH mode, and success --- strange

What can I do to connect my board in Eclipse?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Eclipse can't connect to target board
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi JamesLeo,

I download the latest version of Intel Sytem Studio IoT Edition, I follow the Blinking an Led using C/C++ example. I actually run with the same problem as you. I was able to solve this by configuring my Edison, I did this through PuttY via serial using the command "configure_edison --setup” this necessary in order to enable the SSH. It is important to highlight that the WiFi connection should be connect to the same Network as your PC. After this I looked for my device IP address using the command "configure_edison --showWiFiIP", once knowing my IP address I use the search target connection and establish the connection. I hope you find this information useful.

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day.

Regards
          -Jose.                                   

• 2. Re: Eclipse can't connect to target board
            JamesLeo

Hi,Jose

Thanks for your reply.

I success on a demo project (import sample project), connect target in a few seconds -- all of the setting is same.

I'm lucky but not understood.

BTW, there is no need to turn on wifi on board.

Thanks

James

• 3. Re: Eclipse can't connect to target board
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi JamesLeo,

Great! I’m happy to hear that you were able solve this by your own, if you have any more technical questions please make another thread in order to assist you.

Best Regards,

-Jose