3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2016 3:33 PM by Intel Corporation

Where Can I Get Eagle CAD Compatible Reference Files? (ex. Arduino 101 Eagle CAD files)

Daniel-T

My goal is to use the Intel Curie module on a pcb of my own design (using EAGLE CAD).  Given the necessary documentation (ex. curie footprint and layout reference design) does not yet exist I figured I would use the open source CAD files for the Arduino 101 for reference.  The problem is that the files don't Eagle.

Could someone supply me with the SCH and BRD files for the Arduino 101, and the LBR file for the Curie module?

• 1. Re: Where Can I Get Eagle CAD Compatible Reference Files? (ex. Arduino 101 Eagle CAD files)
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Daniel-T,

As you said, the documentation to make the Curie component in Eagle is not available yet. We are working on improving the documentation though. On the other hand, we don't have the Arduino 101 files since this board is manufactured by Arduino directly, so I would say that the best approach to address your concern is to ask directly in the Arduino 101 forum. You can check the forum in the following link: https://forum.arduino.cc/, probably another user have asked something similar or the information might be already there.

I hope you find this suggestion helpful

Have a nice day.

Regards, 
          -Leonardo

• 2. Re: Where Can I Get Eagle CAD Compatible Reference Files? (ex. Arduino 101 Eagle CAD files)
            Daniel-T

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm a bit confused regarding the non-availability of basic information needed to incorporate the Curie in new designs.  My understanding is that all the contestants from America's Greatest Maker were required to incorporate the Intel Curie in their design, surely this means they had the information any of us hardware developers are interested in (unless Intel engineers did it for them)?  Additionally, I would imagine Arduino was given documentation from Intel to help them create the Arduino/Genuino 101?

I searched the internet every couple days (limiting search results by date) to see if any hardware developers, including those on the Arduino forum, have any files or new information that is relevant to my goals.  As far as I can tell, I'm the only one who's publicly shared Eagle flies. Intel Curie Soldering Footprint ? Eagle File

When can we expect the Intel Curie Module Manufacturing Guide to be released?  Is it possible to release any small nugget of information from that guide, rather than waiting until its fully complete?

Daniel

• 3. Re: Where Can I Get Eagle CAD Compatible Reference Files? (ex. Arduino 101 Eagle CAD files)
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Daniel-T,

I totally understand your point. We're working on documentation that will help customers develop their projects based on the Curie module, however, as you can see in these threads, https://communities.intel.com/thread/105637 and https://communities.intel.com/thread/105483, the module manufacturing guide is not available yet. 

Anyhow, the current information about the Curie module can be checked here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/curie. Additional documentation will be uploaded there, so I recommend you to stay tuned at that site. 

I recommend you, on the other hand, to check the Curie ODK information. I believe you will find it interesting. I've just checked the Curie ODK documentation section, and there are the CAD files of the Arduino 101 (BRD), you could use it for your application.

Once again, we are working on documentation for Curie, and we hope to have it available soon, but there is not an ETA. We appreciate your patience on this matter.

Regards,
              -Leonardo