Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Can't update intel hd4600 driver on windows 10 anniversary

LLarr3
Beginner

Hi, I've got windows 10 anniversary but it won't let me update my graphics driver for my intel HD 4600. I've got a lenovo Y510p and it says the driver version installed is from August 2015. Every time I try to install the updated drivers from the Intel site, it says the driver is incomparable with my computer. Is there any way to update this driver? It's starting to black screen and flicker and stop responding.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
LLarr3
Beginner

Bump?

0 Kudos
LLarr3
Beginner

Hi Allan, thanks for the assistance.

I've tried installing it manually through those steps but it still gives me the error that my computer does not meet the minimum requirements.

0 Kudos
CCris2
New Contributor II

Hi ghostbuzz ,

Download the new driver, unplug Internet cable or disable internet wireless connection (windows 10 does auto update, you can disable windows 10 driver auto update also), uninstall the old driver, and then install the new one. Then reconnect internet.

0 Kudos
AClar12
Beginner

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with the same 4600 driver that is also from August 2015. I tried the correct answer method and it stated that I don't meet the minimum requirements to use the software. Any other solutions?

0 Kudos
CCris2
New Contributor II

Try this driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26305/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=80939 Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

I hope that your windows version is 64 bit.

0 Kudos
AClar12
Beginner

I have the 64 bit version of Windows, and it still said I do not meet the minimum requirements. At this point, I don't know what to do.

0 Kudos
CCris2
New Contributor II

Try update the driver manually from device manager.

If is still not working try uninstall the driver using this utility. It removes all leftovers from the old driver and normally the new driver should install with no problems.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.2.0

Lenovo doesn't have an updated driver on their website ?

0 Kudos
VVedr
Beginner

I haves similar problem

0 Kudos