Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Screen flickered for a week then colors went off base

JJack9
Beginner

(Win 10, anniversary edition.)

I tried tweaking the color settings but couldn't get them to improve the awful "scenery" much.

Tried resetting to defaults. Colors still untrue.

For instance, the deep green default of Excel looks more like brown.

The purple background edges of OneNote look blue.

Ran Intel Driver Update Utility which recommended new drivers from February 16. Tried installing them but got "unknown error" message.

Stumped. Not sure what caused it or what to do next. Suggestions welcome.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello jciesielski,

I would like to gather some information in regard to your system in order to address this issue, so please provide me with the following report https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility. Once done attach the report, to attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy

0 Kudos
JJack9
Beginner

Thanks Amy, I've run it and attached per your instructions.

Using Photoshop Elements 10.

Not sure which plug-in you mean. So I also attached a screen shot of ALL plugins I have in Firefox.

-- Jack

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/107041 jciesielski,

Thank you for the report.

I regret to inform that the issue that you are experiencing is due to the installation of an unsupported operating system, your graphics controller does not support Windows® 10. The supported operating system can be found here https://panam.gateway.com/s/desktop/2010/gateway/sx/sx2850/SX2850sp3.shtml Gateway Support - Specifications, so my recommendation is to stick with the fully supported operating system for driver and support availability.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/107041 jciesielski,

Thank you for the report.

I regret to inform that the issue that you are experiencing is due to the installation of an unsupported operating system, your graphics controller does not support Windows® 10. The supported operating system can be found here https://panam.gateway.com/s/desktop/2010/gateway/sx/sx2850/SX2850sp3.shtml Gateway Support - Specifications, so my recommendation is to stick with the fully supported operating system for driver and support availability.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JJack9
Beginner

I don't quite get your answer: the OS I'm using is Windows 10 and it has worked well for well over a year.

Win 10 not supported? I think it says on the driver site that it is.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You can install the operating system without any issues; however, the drivers are not available for older platforms. The link I provided indicates the supported operating systems that Gateway tested as official for your computer model, if Windows® 10 is not there any issues with it are expected.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos