Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Permanent monitor freezing and reconnecting with intel wireless dock

SSerg10
Beginner

Hello,

I'm using hp elite 1011 G1 with hp advanced wireless dock. Both have hardware for intel wireless docking, therefore I ask here too.

The software/drivers seems to be up to date according to HP Support Assistant and Intel' Wireless Dock app. I'm using Win10 x64. hp elite 1011 G1 has Intel triband 17265 which is Intel wireless dock capable. I don't know what is built in HP wireles dock, model number is F7M97AA, I think some chip from Intel.

Basically I'm using wireless dock for monitor only. Sometimes for reading flash sticks, but no keyboard/mouse/audio or ethernet thru wireless docking. My monitor is Dell 3008wfp, connected with native DisplayPort without any adapters. The resolution is 2560x1600, native for this monitor model

The problem is: the monitor goes quite often (approx. every 15-30 minutes) into energy saving mode. For some seconds. Looks like disconnecting and reconnecting. I do not think that is excessively energy saving by monitor, because wired connected with the same cable (elite 1011 G1 has DisplayPort plug) works fine, without going dark.

Any ideas what happens? How to fix? wrong hardware release of dock and/or notebook?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Fel17,

Before we go any further, it is important to make sure you have the latest drivers for the display adapter, monitor and wireless docking manager.

Our recommendation is to try the drivers provided by HP* first. If you want use the drivers found in our download center, please collect the logs from this tool: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility and send it to us please so we can help you with the right drivers.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Fel17,

We haven't heard from you in while so we would like to know if had the chance to collect the information we had requested previously regarding the logs. Please let us know if you still need our support.

best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos