5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2016 1:30 AM by ctan94x_intel

Installing Openzwave in Quark Intel Gateway. Libudev.h  not found

JPablo

Hello,

I have a problem  as the title says, installing openzwave in a quark intel gateway. I cannot find a openzwave package for it and I cannot compile it either.

The error is this one:

/root/pkg/open-zwave-master/cpp/hidapi/linux/hid.c:46:21: fatal error: libudev.h: No such file or directory

#include <libudev.h>

Obviously I need either libudev-dev or libusb-dev to get the header file. But there is not libudev-dev and libusb-dev does not have this header file either. So I am kind of stuck.

Thank you in advance for any help

• 1. Re: Installing Openzwave in Quark Intel Gateway. Libudev.h  not found
          ctan94x_intel

HI Jpablo,

May I know which IDP XT version are you using? If possible could you share us your config.log?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

CK

Intel Customer Support

• 2. Re: Installing Openzwave in Quark Intel Gateway. Libudev.h  not found
            JPablo

Hello CK,

Thanks for the help.The IDP XT verison is 3.1. The lastest one.

When you say config.log I take that you mean the command on how to build the image correct?

WindRiver/wrlinux-7/wrlinux/configure --enable-addons=wr-idp --enable-board=intel-quark --enable-bootimage=ext3,hdd --enable-internet-download=yes --enable-kernel=idp --enable-patchresolve=noop --enable-rootfs=idp --enable-test=no --with-layer=wr-exegin-zigbee-ia,wr-hac-agent,wr-kernel/kernel-dev,wr-ma,wr-mcafee,wr-prosyst-mbs-smarthome-sdk-ia,wr-wks-oneagent-oma-dm-ia,wr-wks-oneagent-tr069 --with-package=autoconf,automake,conntrack-tools,curl,fuse,gdb,git,iasl,igmpproxy,iperf,ipset,less,libcli,libtool,make,mipv6-daemon-umip,netcat,ntfs-3g,ntfsprogs,perl,ruby,screen,sshfs-fuse,subversion,swig,tcpdump,tftp-hpa,tftp-hpa-server,vim --with-template=feature/backports,feature/bluetooth,feature/haccmds,feature/ipsec_vpn,feature/non-grsec,feature/odm/aiot-x1000,feature/odm/cse-e100,feature/odm/ecs-gen2,feature/odm/kbox-a201,feature/odm/reliagate,feature/online_updates,feature/openjdk-bin,feature/pptp_vpn,feature/recovery,feature/self-hosted,feature/target-toolchain,feature/vlan --enable-reconfig --with-rcpl-version=0019

Also adding the openzwave error:

~/pkg/open-zwave-master# make

which: no doxygen in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sb               in)

which: no dot in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin)

CPPFLAGS= make -C /root/pkg/open-zwave-master/cpp/build/ -

make[1]: Entering directory '/root/pkg/open-zwave-master/cpp/build'

which: no doxygen in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sb               in)

which: no dot in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin)

Building OpenZWave Version 1.4.-1

Building hid.o

/root/pkg/open-zwave-master/cpp/hidapi/linux/hid.c:46:21: fatal error: libudev.h: No such file or directory

#include <libudev.h>

^

compilation terminated.

/root/pkg/open-zwave-master/cpp/build/support.mk:141: recipe for target '/root/pkg/open-zwave-master/.lib/hid.o' failed

make[1]: *** [/root/pkg/open-zwave-master/.lib/hid.o] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/pkg/open-zwave-master/cpp/build'

Makefile:20: recipe for target 'all' failed

make: *** [all] Error 2

PD: Proper way to post error logs in these forum?

Thank you

• 3. Re: Installing Openzwave in Quark Intel Gateway. Libudev.h  not found
              Nicote

Hi CK,

I have the same issue compiling openzwave, do you have any place to get the libudev.h file to compile openzwave libraries? Or what should do the process to accomplish this? Im using WR IDP XT 3.1. Thanks in advance

regards

• 4. Re: Installing Openzwave in Quark Intel Gateway. Libudev.h  not found
                ctan94x_intel

Hi Jpablo,

We will check and will get back to you.

Best Regards,

CK

Intel Customer Support

Agent under contract to Intel

• 5. Re: Installing Openzwave in Quark Intel Gateway. Libudev.h  not found
                  ctan94x_intel

Hi JPablo,

To resolve "fatal error: libudev.h: No such file or directory" error, you need to install the libudev-dev package. Unfortunately, we couldn't find an rpm package that supports for 32bit (i386) architecture. Please visit the below link for your reference:

https://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=libudev-devel

Thank you.

Best Regards,

CK