1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 4, 2016 10:49 AM by YermiA_Intel

Intel drone capabilities

Victor_Rangel

Hello Im looking for the best drone for my scholar project, I need 3 basics things in the drone Im looking for

1) The posiblitie to make my own plataform to control the Drone movements, i wanna control it with a steering wheel and some pedals

2) Be able to send the apropiate control signals via wifi (if is possible with 3G/4G gsm even better)

3) Be able to carry a little extra weight like 300gr. I would like if the drone can carry a specific camera, just carry, It doesn´t need to make a direct connection

do u think Intel Drone is the best option for my project? i would appreciete any suggestion

Thanks

• 1. Re: Intel drone capabilities
          YermiA_Intel

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your interest in Intel® Aero Platform.

I’ll try to answer your questions below:

You can use the Intel Aero Compute board in order to control your custom drone, it is a purpose-built, unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) developer kit powered by a quad-core Intel® Atom™ processor. It features abundant storage capabilities, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, support for multiple cameras including the Intel® RealSense™ camera (R200), industry standard interfaces, and reconfigurable I/O to facilitate connecting to a broad variety of drone hardware subsystems. The Compute Board ships with the open-source Yocto Linux* operating system, and offers sample applications and APIs for flight and vision interfaces, reducing hurdles for developers of sophisticated drone applications. For more details please look at this link: https://software.intel.com/en-us/aero/dev-kit, and this one: https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense/aero for the Intel® Aero Ready-to-Fly Drone that could be of your interest. Moreover, if you are going to build your custom drone, so you should select the appropriate hardware to be able to carry an extra weight like 300gr.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

-Yermi

1 of 1 people found this helpful