Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Will WindowsXP SP2 run optimally on core i3 & H55 chipset?

idata
Employee

I am just about to assemble an economical system.; my question is, will WindowsXP run optimally with core i3 processor & H55 chipset?. Will the audio & video codecs run optimally? or are they availible only for Windows 7?, Will the operating system support the i3's HT technology?, also will XP be able to utilise DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

What you need to do is see if the board you are going tobuy has win xp drivers or support. If it has drivers then yes it will work fine.

idata
Employee

Sorry to ask this, captain,........ but how can i check if the boards support Win XP, i searched the intel website, nowhere does it say anything about it. The information it gives is somewhat vague..( Its says something like this....."the processors & the boards work well with the right hardware & the optimal operating system,.... which OS or anything related to it is not specifically quoted).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Mr Ytterbium, your answer is bang on target,.............. my earnest thanks to you for spending time & rescources, searching about H55 board.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you, info was helpful.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Glad to help.

In regard to the other questions, you shouldn't see any problems either.

0 Kudos