This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
How many display are you using?
What connections are you using to connect them?
Can you please try updating your driver to this version Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]? In order to ensure the installation of the driver use this method How to Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 &...
thank you for your response. I've tried to update the driver following the manual provided but I got an info that the driver is already up to date.
To answer your questions:
- I'm using just a single external display
- I've been trying to connect using either DVI-HDMI or VGA cables with an adapter to connect the monitors to Mini Display Port in my Surface.
Is there a way to force Windows to accept "older" drivers? I think that would help.
I was able to install the older driver (and get the monitors working!!!) following these steps:
1. I went to the latest graphic driver download page. At the bottom of the page there are "other versions". I found the previous version and downloaded it.
2. I disabled the Intel graphics driver and - without restarting the windows - I installed the drivers from the downloaded package.
3. I expect Windows to install newer version at some point but I should be able to use "roll back driver" option when this happens.
Hopefully, the next update to the driver will fix that problem.
thanks for help!