3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2016 3:18 PM by Intel Corporation

Screen resolution on a HP 6930p

gtsolid

hello

i installed now the "sp59783" driver but i cannot use my second monitor at full-resolution, a 19" philips, monitor N.2Immagine.png

what can i do?

• 1. Re: Screen resolution on a HP 6930p
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Are you using multiple displays in clone or duplicate mode, extended display or collage?

What resolution are you trying to get?

What is the processor and integrated graphics that you have on this system?

You can provide us that information by running the Intel® System Support Utility.

You can download it here:
          https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility?product=91600
          Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) is a standalone utility that performs a detailed scan, report, and analysis of your computer system information and devices. Intel SSU produces an output file that can be saved, viewed, and shared by the user.

Best wishes,

Ivan

• 2. Re: Screen resolution on a HP 6930p
            gtsolid

hello. Immagine.png

This is my system configuration. i want to use extended desktop (but also in "only prejector" i get the same issue) and a resolution of 1680x1024 or higher. My old monitor reached 1680x1024 and was a 22", with this 6930p.

• 3. Re: Screen resolution on a HP 6930p
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

This is an old system that is out of support, see if you have this option available and if you can follow these steps to enable extended desktop mode:

1. In desktop mode, right-click the Desktop and select Graphics Properties.
              2. Click Display > Multiple Displays.
              3. Select extended desktop mode and click apply.

If that does not work, to have your system automatically inspected for the latest updates, try to run the Intel® Driver Update Utility and see if you can update the chipset driver on your system.

Is it VGA that you are using to connect the monitor or any other connection like HDMI, DVI etc?

If this does not work try different cable from your unit to your monitor, a lot of resolution issues can be solve by replacing the cable.

Please see also Computer Manufacturer Support Websites

Regards,

Ivan