3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2016 6:18 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel NUC external display issue

wardoma

My external monitor wont detect a signal when I turn on NUC. However if I recycle power to my NUC and restart, external monitor seems to detect the display signal. I updated my drivers but the problem persists.

Every time I have to now turn off and turn on power to my NUC when I want to use it. Any ideas on what could be the issue?

• 1. Re: Intel NUC external display issue
          N.Scott.Pearson

You can try updating to newer (or older) versions of the Intel HD Graphics driver and see if any alleviate the problem. If you are also seeing this from BIOS POST, I rather doubt this will actually fix it. I will also note that there are a lot of TVs out there that simply will not wake automatically via HDMI at all -- and it's the TV's fault, not the PC. I have one of these myself (as they say, you get what you pay for))...

For subsequent analysis, more information will always help. What NUC do you have? What memory are you using (be specific)? What SSD(s)/HDD(s) are you using (again, be specific)? What O/S (Windows 7? Windows 8.1? Windows 10?) are you using? Are all updates from the Windows Update site installed? Have you downloaded and installed all of the latest available drivers for your NUC and O/S? [Recommendation: don't rely on the Intel Driver Update Utility; manually download and install the latest driver packages by hand].

Hope this helps,

...S

• 2. Re: Intel NUC external display issue
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hello wardoma,

Please refer to the previous, as mentioned there you can try updating your Intel® HD Graphics driver to the latest or try some older version. If the issue persists we will need more information in order to address this matter, so please respond to the questions in the previous input.

Regards,

Amy.

• 3. Re: Intel NUC external display issue
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

wardoma,

I am following your thread, please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Amy.