Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Two amber light on and another blinking

idata
Employee

Hello!

I got an S2600CP2J motherboad, but I have a lot of problems with it

Firstly, the first runs I have problem accessing to bios setting (when I tap F2 the screen go black) and other problems are two amber light and another amber light blinking and heatsink fans run at full speed, I do a Cmos reset then I have access to bios but the two amber light and another amber light blinking and heatsink fans speed problem not resolved, I ask a friend he told me to do a bios update to latest ones, I do it but in the fans setting I forgot and I tap "Yes" to chassis fans 1 and 2 (during bios update)

After bios update is completed I restarted the motherboard and the problem with amber light and heatsink fans problems still not resolved yet; I installed Windows 10, and he installed without problems.

I turned off the motherboard, and I tried after to turned it on from the PSU switch, but the motherboard not running, I see just two green lights and no fans or screen turned on, I do a bios reset and the motherboard running, I tried another time to turn off/on the motherboard, and the problem still no resolved.

problems that I have now are: two amber lights on and another blinking but the system running, heatsink fans run at the max speed even after changed speed from bios,

- Two amber lights on and another blinking but the system running.

- Heatsink fans run at the max speed even after changed speed from bios

- The motherboard not running after turned on (no POST just two green light on). so every time needs to turn it on I reset the bios and the motherboard work again.

Hope to help me please

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

Please proceed to take out the server board out of the chassis and test it over a non static surface with minimal configuration ( cpu, memory, ATX power supply). Test the board without memory looking for beep codes, swap memory modules on the A1 slot and processors on CPU socket# 1 in case you have two installed. If the board does not provide any kind of beep codes we suggest replacing it under warranty.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

Please proceed to take out the server board out of the chassis and test it over a non static surface with minimal configuration ( cpu, memory, ATX power supply). Test the board without memory looking for beep codes, swap memory modules on the A1 slot and processors on CPU socket# 1 in case you have two installed. If the board does not provide any kind of beep codes we suggest replacing it under warranty.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thank you very much, the problems are resolved now by flashing FRU/SDR.

I have another problem, when I browsing the Event Log on BMC I see some event, and I think they are important "BIOS Evt Sensor" and "CATERR"
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Our recommendation now is testing each processor individually to address the issue. "CATERR" is normally related to malfunction on the processors, memory or any other hardware component.
0 Kudos