Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel 7260 ac, latency spikes

KKlov
New Contributor I

I've had perfect connection for maybe 1 year or so (average 1-2 ms , max spikes around 10-20 ms over 1000 pings). Today the problems came back though.

I've tried several drivers, I have been using the one that came default with Windows 10 and it have been working superb. until now (the one from 2015, march or something like that). I've tried to update to newest version through device manager in Windows 10 (driver version from 2016), I've also tried the newest version from Intel website (from august 2016) and still no luck, all with equally bad results, maybe even worse with the newest. I've tried fideling around with the settings (turn off power save, lowest roaming and all that). I've also added scanwhennoass... something with DWORD value 0 in the correct registry container.

Look at the pictures I attached. Even though I was used to having 1 or less ms I could live with 2-10 that are now the new standard for me, but the spikes around 200-500 that are common every now and then are very problematic.

I'm using a 5.2 GH`z only SSID, link score 100, and none other 5.2 ghz are found nearby (inSSIDer).

Since it's such a pain in the a** i'm probably going to reset my computer. I haven't done any changes whatsoever on my computer when this problem started, I did connect to my work network trhough VPN yeasterday, and that's pretty much all I did. No programs installed and no system changes.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KKlov
New Contributor I

Hi, I went ahead reset my computer, 2-10ms, not 200-500 ms anymore, no idea what the cause was, but it's lag free while gaming now. Still using the same driver as before (february 2015, default) , and btw, Bluetooth was always off, I learned a long time ago that could cause spikes

View solution in original post

2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello jorg1,

We understand your system was working fine before, but is now having connectivity issues. Based on your message, you already applied most of the actions we recommend for this type of case, please check the following items as they may help also:

- Disable the Bluetooth* component in your PC, this is normally done with a switch in the chassis or a keyboard combination.

- Go to the Power options of you laptop, in the Advanced Settings for your Power Plan, then make sure that the Wireless Adapter is set to work at "Maximum Performance" when plugged in and on battery.

If these do not help, try disabling some Windows® 10 features that may interfere with your Wireless connection:

1. Windows 10 location service:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/location-service-privacy

2. WiFi Sense:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/wi-fi-sense-faq

3. Peer-to-peer update:

http://www.howtogeek.com/224981/how-to-stop-windows-10-from-uploading-updates-to-other-pcs-over-the-internet/

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
KKlov
New Contributor I

Hi, I went ahead reset my computer, 2-10ms, not 200-500 ms anymore, no idea what the cause was, but it's lag free while gaming now. Still using the same driver as before (february 2015, default) , and btw, Bluetooth was always off, I learned a long time ago that could cause spikes