5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2016 2:14 PM by Intel Corporation

Hi all,  In advance, I really appreciate your help.    I have a serious speaking impediment and use a Dynavox tablet which had Win7 32.  I wnet to Microsoft's Windows 10 upgrade for assistive technology users. The initial download page said the tablet had

Daidala

Hi all,  In advance, I really appreciate your help.  

I have a serious speaking impediment and use a Dynavox tablet which had Win7 32.  I went to Microsoft's Windows 10 upgrade for assistive technology users. The initial download page said the tablet had everything necessary to proceed.  So I did, and I know Win 10 is on it now since it said the download was successful and it welcomes me as a Dynavox user, which did not happen with Win7.  Now Win 10 won't start.  I get BSOD with message :     stop code -  video tdr failure(igdkmd32.sys).  I've researched and find this is an Intel driver issue because the graphics card for Win7 doesn't work with later versions of Windows.  I found out that Intel last month released a new graphics driver that I think may solve the problem.  The driver is :     Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40] Version: 15.40.28.4501 (Latest) Date: 8/12/2016.  Available Downloads : Windows 7, 32-bit*  Windows 8, 32-bit*  Windows 8.1, 32-bit*  Windows® 10, 32-bit*. 

Questions :  I think if I use a  bootable USB to roll back to Win7  32 bit and update the old driver to this new one it would allow me to get a Win 10 that works.  What is the method for doing this with a bootable USB  and is this what I should do?  What data do I put on this USB?

And how do I update the driver?  I have this that I downloaded but not sure how to use it successfully  :  

Application (.exe)     Intel(R) Graphics Installer     112 MB (118,000,136 bytes)

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks everyone.  Much appreciated!

Intel® Atom™ Processor D2500/D2700/N2600/N2800 Series with Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3600/3650 November 2011 (32-bit) Cedarview