1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 29, 2016 9:42 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel NVMe Driver For Install?

OlafTheGreat

Hello,

I recently bought an Intel 600p 512GB m.2 SSD. I am planning on installing windows 7 on it. Because it is NVMe, it needs a driver to be detected by Windows (It is detected in the UEFI BIOS). So far I have not found a driver for this SSD. My question is: Is there a driver for this SSD, preferably one that works pre-installation. I also couldn't find one for Win 7 itself. Am i just bad at navigating Intel's website or was there no driver released for this SSD?

Also, Im not concerned with the Win 7 hotfix for native NVMe support because that doesn't apply when I am installing Win7

Computer:

Intel i7 5820k CPU

Asus X99 Deluxe II Mobo

Crucial Elite DDR4 RAM

GTX1070 FE GPU

HXI750 PSU

• 1. Re: Intel NVMe Driver For Install?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello OlafTheGreat,

Thanks for posting in our forum. We understand you need to install Windows 7* in your new SSD 600p series, however, the operating system is not detecting the drive.
          First of all, we don't have NVMe* drivers for that specific SSD, because the drive works with native NVMe* drivers (Provided by the operating system). Unfortunately, Windows 7* does not come with the driver built in, like Windows 8.1* or Windows® 10, that's why there is a workaround you need to follow in order to properly install the OS, with the hotfix provided by Microsoft*.

We are working to get options so the Windows 7* can be installed properly. Have you considered maybe installing a different operating system? (Windows 8.1* or Windows® 10)

Regards,
          NC