4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2010 11:44 AM by Eandori

DP55WG  ... Discret SATA

rirussint

I just setup a DP55WG board and the Discrete SATA shows as ENABELED. this board does not have blue SATA ports.

Should I DISABLE this option?

• 1. Re: DP55WG  ... Discret SATA
          Cpt.Dogfruit

it refers to the Intel P55 PCH so if you disable it you will disable you Sata connections. Up to you if you want to do that or not i suppose.....

• 2. Re: DP55WG  ... Discret SATA
            rirussint

The Discrete SATA option is ENABELED and there are no EXTRA SATA ports (blue or red) on the DP55WG board.

Discrete1.jpg

The Chipset SATA ports are listed on the top portion and the DISCRETE SATA ports on the bottom of the picture.

As a default state the discrte SATA  is ENABLED, however when I DISABLE the DISCRETE SATA ports option apparently nothing happens. I was just wondering what is the best option for teh DP55WG board.

• 3. Re: DP55WG  ... Discret SATA
              62b7Dvj9

This option seems to be only useful for the DP55KG mainboard, but still available in the DP55WG BIOS settings. @Intel: Please disable this BIOS configuration message in the DP55WG BIOS to avoid misunderstandings.

• 4. Re: DP55WG  ... Discret SATA
                Eandori

Great catch guys, yeah that entire question field for Discrete SATA controller should disappear when that BIOS is running on DP55WG as it has no discrete SATA controller like DP55SB and DP55KG does.  I'll make that BIOS change and have it in a BIOS update that comes out after this next one (coming in a week or so)

Thanks for posting!