9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2016 8:19 AM by Intel Corporation

Bose Companion 2 Series II Speakers Question

Mystik

I have the Skull Canyon NUC and the above old speakers.  I know they are old, but just carried them along so far.  Anyway, I moved to a new house.  So, of course, everything was disconnected.  I didn't expect any problems.  Everything is connected back up and running fine now....except I have no sound.  I am using Windows 7 x64.  I think I had the speakers connected to the headphone jack before, but I have tried that and the digital port on the back.  I don't seem to be getting audio either way.  In both cases, the visualization on volume control shows audio being played.  I just don't hear anything.  With the composite cables going into the powered speaker, I have the colors matched.  I must be missing something.  These speakers worked fine just a few days ago.  I am sure it is something I am missing, but I can't seem to figure out what it is.  I feel stupid even asking about something as simple as the speakers, but...here we are.  What could it be?  One thing I do notice is that in Control Panel / Sound, S24D300 was selected before, which says Intel Display Audio under it.  That seemed wrong since I'm not putting the audio through HDMI.  So, I tried changing it to Realtek Digital Output, but still no sound.  I can't set the "Speakers / Realtek High Definition Audio" as the default device.  It says that one is not plugged in.  Thanks in advance.

EDIT:  It doesn't seem like this would have caused any permanent issue, but I did accidentally connect a different power cord to the speakers briefly.  I thought at first that was the problem, and went and found the correct cord after realizing it was not the one that came with it, but still no joy.