5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2016 3:30 PM by Intel Corporation

ssd5 240 gb intel

twossdayss

I went from intel 180 gb to a 240 gb ssd , when cloning it  the240 gb ssd it will only make a partition that is only as big as the180 gb. I would like to expand the cloned ssd to make it one big partition.I have tried every thing I can think of , but nothing seem it work

• 1. Re: ssd5 240 gb intel
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

twossdayss,

Please, bear in mind that if you used the Intel® Data Migration Software, it actually has an option that allows you to customize the migration process to change the partition scheme in the target SSD. Also, there are third-party tools that can do the job as well.

If you have already migrated, you might want to look for third-party software that can allow you to expand the existing partition.

Best regards,
          Aleki

• 2. Re: ssd5 240 gb intel
            Intel Corporation

twossdayss,

We haven't heard from since we replied to your inquiry so we would like to know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Best regards,
            Aleki

• 3. Re: ssd5 240 gb intel
              twossdayss

I tried the all the setting to tried to in large the clone image in the Intel Data Migration Software before cloning and after cloning I went into disk manager to the ssd disk  one chunk is the clone and one chuck is

not allocate, i tried to expand the clone to include the unallocated on the disk but Microsoft errors popup not enough space available on disk.

• 4. Re: ssd5 240 gb intel
                Intel Corporation

twossdayss,

It is important that during this process, the target drive is not being used as boot drive and it is not mounted on the OS and used a secondary drive, otherwise, it won't work.

When you use disk management, right click on the disk and select offline then, you will need to select the partition and right click on it as well. Once you right clicked, please select Extend Volume.

Once you have done this, you can manually extend the partition by simply dragging to the desired space. Take a look at the illustrations below as n example. Let us know if it worked for you.

twossdayss.png

twossdayss2.JPG

Best regards,

• 5. Re: ssd5 240 gb intel
                  Intel Corporation

twossdayss,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if you have any more questions about the procedure sent to you previously.

Aleki
                  Best regards,