Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Intel Display Audio issue

SStep3
Beginner

Hello.

Now I have connected display and TV to my computer:

1. BenQ G2420HD through HDMI port on my GTX 970.

2. Panasonic TX-LR42FT60 through HDMI on my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H).

And I can't play audio on TV because and just don't have Intel Display Audio in Playback devices (and I have it in Device Manager).

I have latest GeForce and Intel HD-graphics drivers.

What can I do to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Install,

Thank you for the information provided, it really helped to have a good overview of the scenario you are facing.

First, I would like to recommend changing the video port used with the monitor, this is to find out if the system is prioritizing only one of HDMI connections.

I will be further investigating this matter while this troubleshooting is performed on your side.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Some additional information for this thread.

As per the reports provided, the HDMI from Intel HD Graphics 4000 is not recognized or present (Under "sound devices" from DxDiag report, you can find external GPU and Realtek controllers only).

There is an HDMI controller in the motherboard directly, which could be disabled since there is a GPU connected to the system.

Probably you will find the same devices in the device manager, under "Sound, video and Game controllers"

My recommendation would be to remove the external GPU and leave the onboard graphics only, then try to get audio from your TV.

If this is replicable (Audio to the TV working while using the onboard Graphics only) then we can say the motherboard is disabling the HDMI controller, which is to be handled by the motherboard manufacturer.

Hope you can get this sort out and fixed soon.

Please let me know how it goes 🙂

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Install,

I would like to check if the recommendations provided above worked for you.

Please let me know 🙂

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
SStep3
Beginner

Hello Esteban,

Thank you for your answers!

Sorry, that I was missed all this time, I had health problems.

1. I tried to connect my monitor through VGA cable + DVI adapter, but it doesn't help.

2. I removed my external GPU and it worked: I have audio on my TV through motherboard HDMI.

So, you were right, motherboard is disabling the HDMI controller.

What would you recommend me to do in this case?

Regards,

Stepan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Install,

I hope to are better now!

The VGA port is analog, and doesn't carry audio signal, for that reason it was not working (expected).

I believe the best next step to follow would be to contact the mobo manufacturer, please provide them with all troubleshooting we have done so far, as well as this possible source of the issue (HDMI being disabled), for them to have a very clear overview of the scenario you have and then proceed accordingly.

Please let us know how it goes with them for other user that may face this behavior 🙂

In case you encounter with any future inquiries, feel free to reach us out!

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Install,

I was checking this thread and wondered, were you able to contact the mobo manufacturer to get further support for this?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
SStep3
Beginner

Hello, Esteban.

I contacted Gigabyte eSupport and they can't help me.

Regards,

Stepan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Install,

I believe the answer from them is valid, it is required to remove the HDMI connection to the motherboard in order to use Realtek+NVIDIA audio.

These are possible configurations you could try:

1.Connecting both the TV and Monitor to a digital video port in the external GPU (Display Port / HDMI), but take into consideration the following:

A. As per the specs of the monitor, only one HDMI port is present, no Display Port, and TVs with Display Port are very odd.

B. What can be done with this would be to use an HDMI to DP adapter, if it is an active adapter you'd have more chances to get it working. Please note adapters haven't been tested and are not fully recommended by us since you can face signal transmission issues with them, but for this case, it could be an option to fix the issue.

2. Connecting the monitor to DVI and get audio with the headphone jack built in the monitor, and use HDMI for the TV.

Those are the options that came to my mind so far, hope they can be an option for you and assist the issue as well

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Install,

I would like to check if you were able to get this configured as desired.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Install,

I am here checking if you require any further support from our side, feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos